Show Off Your XP Level!

1. 7 years ago

So today I decided to go full grinding nerd and get to level 100. Anyone get higher then that? Take a screenie and post it here!

Mah proof:

http://imgur.com/0jHbaZM

2. Holy fuck you weren't lying

3. *Dies from surprise creeper and loses it all*

4. @neonjews *Dies from surprise creeper and loses it all*

Story of my life. That and this. *gets 30 levels, yay time to enchant. Falls off a cliff on the way to the enchant table*

5. One more xp orb and i would've gotten to 101 XD

6. Edited 7 years ago by FlashFood

https://forum.craftymynes.com/925-most-xp-levels no one got nearly as high as you did though

7. What does the XP level serve to do?

8. to enchant weapons, tools and armour

9. @FlashFood Drach got pretty high up but my XP bar beat him out XD

10. http://imgur.com/hvsynsb

Only took 20 minutes at an enderman farm, I could do better but it gets extremely boring xD

11. Don't some things scale with the player level? The only one I can think of is Flame or Fire Aspect.

12. Nope. the only thing xp is there for is for Enchanting stuff @IsaacBelmont .

13. Actually, having a really high enchant level SLIGHTLY makes the game give you more rare enchants or multiple enchants on armor, books, etc. For example, I enchanted a helmet at level 94 and got every enchant you can get from the enchanting table on the helmet. Don't believe me? Here's a picture.

14. -image-

15. I can't click or see that image.

16. Or it'll do that crap. Here's a link:

http://imgur.com/6p1sGnm

17. Interesting. I'ma farm my XP all the way to 100 while also acquiring zombie flesh, bone meal, and blaze rods.

18. Sounds like a good plan to me!

19. @Spy21DD @_lilbezi_ Pulled straight from the wiki -

TLDR ~ No, xp does nothing except allow you to enchant stuff.

Experience (or XP for short) can be obtained by gathering experience orbs from mining, defeated mobs and players, breeding, fishing, and using furnaces. As tradition, experience points accumulate into experience levels. However, unlike many games, experience levels do not directly increase the character's abilities. Instead, experience is used for enchanting and anvils, to produce weapons, armor, and tools with various useful abilities. Most experience comes in the form of experience orbs, special items which cannot be placed in inventory or a container, but will automatically be added to the player's total when collected.

Gathering experience points from experience orbs increases the player's experience level by gradually filling a bar on the bottom of the screen until a new level is achieved when the bar is full. When the player dies, they drop experience orbs worth 7 * current level experience points, up to a maximum of 100 points (enough to reach level 5). All the other experience vanishes.

Experience can be gained from several different sources:

From killing monsters, which drop experience orbs along with any other items.
    A mob will not drop experience unless it dies within five seconds (100 game ticks) of an attack registered as a player hit (including tamed wolves and TNT). This allows gaining experience from, say, knocking a monster off a cliff (fetching the orbs might be another question). You can also try to "claim" a burning monster by hitting or shooting it once—even if the blow doesn't kill it, if the fire does within 5 seconds, it will drop XP. (5 seconds of fire only does 5 (Heart.svgHeart.svgHalf Heart.svg) damage, but of course you can keep trying.)
    Mobs killed by TNT activated by a player using flint and steel will drop XP as usual; however mobs killed by TNT that was activated by fire, redstone, or an explosion that wasn't player activated don't drop any experience.
    Mobs will drop a random number of orbs, and the orbs can have different values. However, the total value will always remain within the values given below, regardless of difficulty setting.
    Hostile mobs give more experience than passive ones. Baby animals, bats, golems, and villagers give no experience at all. The ender dragon gives orbs totaling 12,000 XP, over 200 times more than anything else in the game.
    Some hostile mobs spawn with weapons, or can spawn with weapons and/or armor. These mobs give an extra 1–3 points (randomly) per piece of equipment that they spawned with. Equipment picked up after spawning doesn't count.
    Mining (destroying) a spawner block gives 15–43 points of experience as orbs.
    From mining any ore, except iron and gold. The orbs are produced along with the mineral item(s). If a Silk Touch pick is used to mine the ore block, the experience is not dropped, but the block can later be placed and mined normally to release the mineral and the experience.
    The ore will still produce orbs if destroyed by an explosion, whether or not it was caused by player activated TNT.
    From smelting any of various items.
    Smelting any ore yields some experience, but normally only iron and gold are worthwhile. For all other ores, mining them is better.
    Moderate amounts are gained by smelting/cooking other materials: food, clay balls or blocks, cactus, wood logs, sand, or cobblestone.
    The experience given from smelting does not appear as orbs, but is granted immediately to the player who removes the product from the furnace.
    The smelted material must be taken from the furnace through its GUI window. Using a hopper to unload the furnace forfeits the experience, as does dumping the contents by breaking the furnace.
    From breeding animals, which produces orbs along with the baby animal. Breaking eggs does not give experience.
    From fishing. The experience is awarded immediately upon reeling in the fish, even if the fish itself is not picked up.
    A bottle o' enchanting releases orbs when broken.

Experience orbs fade between a green and yellow color and will "float" or glide toward the player up to a distance of 6 blocks, speeding up as they get nearer to the player. Experience orbs pulled towards a player are slowed by spider webs. Experience orbs can also be pulled around or away from the player by running water currents.

When collected, experience orbs make a christmas bell-like sound for a split second. Unlike resources, experience points are picked up gradually: no matter how many orbs are in range of the player, they will be added to the player's experience one at a time. In extreme cases, this can result in the player being followed by a swarm of orbs for many seconds. If an experience orb isn't collected within 5 minutes of its appearance, it will disappear.

Experience orbs vary in value, but naturally spawned orbs will always have an integer value of 1–11, 17, 37, 73, 149, 307, 617, 1237, or theoretically 2477 (although currently no orbs with this value will spawn). Fishing, breeding, and trading drop a single orb with a random value in the appropriate range. Breaking blocks, dying mobs and players, smelting items, and bottles o' enchanting calculate their total experience amount and then split it into values of 1, 3, 7, 17, 37, 73, 149, 307, 617, 1237, and 2477. Higher values are chosen first, so for example a total value of 1000 would be dropped as orbs with values 617, 307, 73, and three 1s. Note that while the first Ender Dragon in a world drops 12,000 experience, it is dropped in 10 waves of 1000 and one of 2000, so no orbs of value 2477 are dropped.

The general worth of an orb is reflected by its size, with eleven possible sizes corresponding to values 1–2, 3–6, 7–16, 17–36, 37–72, 73–148, 149–306, 307–616, 617–1236, 1237–2476, and 2477 and up.

Experience orbs can be destroyed by fire, lava, explosions and cacti, and can trigger pressure plates and tripwires. Although mob drops spawn the instant the final blow is dealt to the mob, experience orbs do not until the mob entity disappears and the smoke appears. When a player picks up an experience orb from a bottle o' enchanting while riding on a minecart, the minecart will stop instantly.

20. @Spy21DD as for your picture, you either A, got EXTREMELY lucky, or B, put your already enchanted helmet in the table and took a screenie. Why you would do that, I don't know. But regardless, all the info is there^

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!