The Problem With Mending

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

In order to fix this we should have less resources in circulation in order to stabilize the economy.

3. Edited 7 years ago by TheMightyDrex

So, reverse Robin Hood faction, I'm down xD

4. Edited 7 years ago by Dannysharks

Aha hax, you are wrong with inflation xD i do economics so i know what im talking about judging as ive studied this exact topic

Inflation is defined as a steady and persistant rise in the general level of prices

Dont piss off an economics student by using the wrong defenitions

5. @Dannysharks Inflation is defined as a steady and persistant rise in the general level of prices

implicitly meaning the value of currency is lower

6. Edited 7 years ago by Mabzino

@Dannysharks Inflation is defined as a steady and persistant rise in the general level of prices

implicitly meaning the value of currency is lower

@TheDunmerRaven @_Haxington_ There is now more currency in circulation, but it is worth less. This is indeed inflation.

We need to raise taxes! :P

Wouldn't it only be inflation if prices were to rise?

since the only comparative metric are prices, this is indeed inflation

7. I consistently sell mending books for 2 diamond blocks, so I feel the cost / need for mending or mending items hasn't changed. Simply because they can be easily repaired doesn't make them immune to damage. I've had my god pick pretty damaged a few times. If I hadn't noticed, it could've broke. There's always a want for that kinda thing.

8. I studied AP Macroeconomics bro, I know what inflation is.

9. @_Haxington_ I studied AP Macroeconomics bro, I know what inflation is.

"Inflation
    Inflation is the rate at which the general level of prices for goods and services is rising and, consequently, the purchasing power of currency is falling. Central banks attempt to limit inflation, and avoid deflation, in order to keep the economy running smoothly."
    "noun
    Economics. a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency"
    Isn't what you're stating a consequence or cause of inflation rather than inflation itself?

10. @_Haxington_ I studied AP Macroeconomics bro, I know what inflation is.

You named a cause of inflation, and used it to actually define inflation
    Anyways, raising taxes increases inflation

11. We need more government intervention, higher taxes, and more fiscal policy.

Vote 4 Hax 2016

12. We will build a mall.

And it will sell Hax steaks to everyone.

13. Free stek for erryjuan at the expence of yer neibors :)

14. Edited 7 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

IMO sell different items/blocks, not just enchanted armors etc. You can sell enchanted books, building blocks/items. We need to adapt. Mending is 1.9 feature

15. @_Drachenzorn_ IMO sell different items/blocks, not just enchanted armors etc. You can sell enchanted books, building blocks/items. We need to adapt. Mending is 1.9 feature

An unbalanced feature, there was no real reason to make enchanting even easier than they did in 1.8
    Ultimately it just devalues the game and takes away from the experience.
    If everyone has OP armour, no one has OP armour.

16. To rephrase what r4 said, if everyone was Superman, would Superman be special himself?

17. yes he would b special bcus he has the loopy hair thing

18. What you do to balance this act is to use something that mojang made long ago. Potions.

2 splash potions of harming II directly to the head of an opponent kills them instantly, I know this as it has happend to me before. Got dropped by a guy with harming pots, he was in iron armor, I was in enchanted diamond. Quite embarrassing. There has been nothing that I know of regarding potion changes save for the new lingering potions in 1.9 so this would be an effective form of combat if everyone had OP armor in my opinion.

19. @_Confederacy_ What you do to balance this act is to use something that mojang made long ago. Potions.

2 splash potions of harming II directly to the head of an opponent kills them instantly, I know this as it has happend to me before. Got dropped by a guy with harming pots, he was in iron armor, I was in enchanted diamond. Quite embarrassing. There has been nothing that I know of regarding potion changes save for the new lingering potions in 1.9 so this would be an effective form of combat if everyone had OP armor in my opinion.

That's not balance though, we are talking about the easy availability of OP armour not combat.

or Sign Up to reply!