1k of spawn in adventure mode but without spawn protection?

1. 5 years ago

I don’t know if this is a good idea, but I have another suggestion ^w^

You staffs could make the 1k of spawn area adventure mode, but without the spawn protection, and then no one would have to clean them up anymore =)

And Stone_Warrior had an idea for that…

2. There could be fun easter eggs in the 1k zone, I love finding those on CraftyMynes :)

3. the issue with this is that the RTP zone would have to be adjusted, and even if it's saving 1k, with how much of whatever is less, it's still stuff for helpers and such to clean up so it's not really significant

Also some new players don't tend to read things or ask things around at times and then they just would walk out of spawn only to figure out that the first 1k is protected

4. @GrandpaCarl00 the issue with this is that the RTP zone would have to be adjusted, and even if it's saving 1k, with how much of whatever is less, it's still stuff for helpers and such to clean up so it's not really significant

Also some new players don't tend to read things or ask things around at times and then they just would walk out of spawn only to figure out that the first 1k is protected

This is 100% true, right now, RTP doesn't have a way to avoid placing players within 1k. Also, it is already confusing enough to players when they leave and cant build within the first 100 blocks of spawn. I like the idea but I don't think it would make a positive difference.

5. Edited 5 years ago by onionpaste

@CraftyMyner oh didn't think about that :/

Taking the programmer's approach, perhaps you could tweak the RTP command blocks to look like this?

while (playerIsIn1k) //you could use selectors and the dx and dz parameters
        randomTP();

This way, even if it teleports them multiple times, it would eventually put them outside of a protected zone.

6. @Stone__Warrior @CraftyMyner oh didn't think about that :/

Taking the programmer's approach, perhaps you could tweak the RTP command blocks to look like this?

while (playerIsIn1k) //you could use selectors and the dx and dz parameters
        randomTP();

This way, even if it teleports them multiple times, it would eventually put them outside of a protected zone.

Yes, I know that is possible but, for other reasons, like beconfusing to players, I won't be changing it.

7. Problem with this is that no matter how big the spawn protection goes, people will still walk past 1k and mine outside of it. The point isn't to keep 1k ungriefable, the point is to maintain the first 1k with enough starting materials for all without it turning into a wasteland

or Sign Up to reply!