Autoclicker Rule Question

1. 10 months ago

I've thought about this rule a bit and it really doesn't make sense to me. Why are autoclickers not allowed? How is this something that would be deemed "unfair" to other players? What even constitutes an "autoclicker"? Take a look at the examples below and tell me which ones would break the rules:

1. An external program that simulates mouse clicks at a regular interval
    2. An external hardware with the purpose of connecting via USB to simulate mouse clicks
    3. An external machine such as a vibrating massager taped to the mouse to click it
    4. A mouse situated underneath a fan that is set to the "oscillate" setting, such that when the fan head turns the mouse is clicked
    5. A homemade machine that uses kinetic energy stored in a flywheel turned by bicycle pedals to a high rpm to click a mouse for extended periods of time without human intervention (but entirely human powered)
    6. I pay the neighbor kid by the hour to click for me

Would using any of these be a bannable offense? Why or why not? If some would get you banned and others not, what distinction is made between all of them? If they are all considered cheating, what is the common factor between all of them that makes it so?

2. Edited 10 months ago by Schlocked

Hello admins and staff, it's been 2 days. Anyone going to help me out here? I need to AFK some things and I want to know which method of constant clicking I'm allowed to use. Thanks.

3. 1. An external program that simulates mouse clicks at a regular interval

Banned.

2. An external hardware with the purpose of connecting via USB to simulate mouse clicks

Banned.

3. An external machine such as a vibrating massager taped to the mouse to click it

Banned.

4. A mouse situated underneath a fan that is set to the "oscillate" setting, such that when the fan head turns the mouse is clicked

Banned.

5. A homemade machine that uses kinetic energy stored in a flywheel turned by bicycle pedals to a high rpm to click a mouse for extended periods of time without human intervention (but entirely human powered)

Banned.

6. I pay the neighbor kid by the hour to click for me

Banned, and potentially violates your local labor laws.

4. @Crewman06 Banned.

Banned.

Banned.

Banned.

Banned.

Banned, and potentially violates your local labor laws.

Can I ask why they're banned? Why is it against the rules to have someone else click for me? Is that considered an autoclicker? And why is a vibrating massager taped to a mouse also banned?

Would I be allowed to use a footpedal instead of a mouse like in the below pic?
    -image-

5. You have been here long enough to know the answers to all of these questions and made them convoluted enough to be as arduous as possible to explain. This is dumb and you know it. Autoclicking simply isn't allowed, this isn't a new thing, or something that hasn't been explained a thousand times over. The only thing that gives me any pause is "paying the neighbors kid to click for you". That's not necessarily an autoclicker imo, but at the end of the day, why even say it? Who would even know? Is it really that difficult to click yourself? If so, find a different farming method.

6. @CommanderCat_ You have been here long enough to know the answers to all of these questions and made them convoluted enough to be as arduous as possible to explain. This is dumb and you know it. Autoclicking simply isn't allowed, this isn't a new thing, or something that hasn't been explained a thousand times over. The only thing that gives me any pause is "paying the neighbors kid to click for you". That's not necessarily an autoclicker imo, but at the end of the day, why even say it? Who would even know? Is it really that difficult to click yourself? If so, find a different farming method.

I don't know where the hostility is coming from man, I have serious inquiries and you just dismissing them. That doesn't seem very fitting of someone in a position of power such as yourself. I implore you to keep an open mind and think critically about these things, as your fellow staff that I've spoken to in voice chat have. It seems as if you ascribe motive to me and therefore think my opinion holds no weight as I "know all the answers." It's honestly concerning to me that an honest intellectual conversation could be construed as convoluted and arduous by you, when the point of the thread is to establish the reasons behind autoclickers being "unfair" and therefore not allowed.

I have to give a shoutout to the best member on the staff team, @Blackened_Dawn for actually giving me the time of day and allowing me to voice my concerns with this rule and being open to the possibility of them being allowed, upon careful inspection of such a mod by the staff. It fills me with great joy to know that my voice is heard and that I'm not immediately being dismissed as a "troll" or that I'm making a "dumb" post according to some. The whole staff should look to you as a pillar of inspiration when conducting their duties as a member of the staff team, and they could all take a page out of your book. I truly appreciate the work you do here, Dawn. You're awesome!

7. Edited 10 months ago by Schlocked

Seems my previous reply was censored by the deep server but it's back again thanks to a true patriot.
    -image-

8. Concerns were talked over in voice chat, thread locked

or Sign Up to reply!