Post a Reply

1.9 Updates and Ideas

1. 8 years ago

"CraftyMyner 5 hours ago Server Owner
    I would be willing to transfer bases, but if your base has diamond blocks, heads, anything that's worth more then quartz, It would be removed."

oh crafty crafty please yes transfer my base i dont even have quartz
    i could stay with the group and not lose my months of work

2. I would like to keep my base. But I could live without it and rebuild too. My main grief is losing the hundreds of hours spent mining obsidian. I probably have mined over 100,000 obisidan blocks by now, most of which are used at my base.

If I could receive even a fraction of those after a reset then it would be enormous compensation for the time lost. And this begs the question as to next year. What happens when a Minecraft 2.0 comes out? Will CraftyMynes keep resetting the map from year to year? Then what's the point of spending so much time that will be lost, again, next year???

I'd like to know the answers so I can decide soon whether to continue mining obsidian on the 1.8.9 server...

3. Very true, the reason why I made the new spawn the way I did was because I liked the old one, but there were so many small things wrong with it that I did have the time or ability to change. I have gone through everything and made decisions as if I'm going to have to live with them for many years.

@_Drachenzorn_ What do you mean by full consultation with the client?

I mean that it won't just be a simple, hey, can i get my base on the new server? I would more be like:

Hey I found a new place for my base on the new server and here's the cords to my base on the old server. I would like this section and this one. Ok that will be 5 chunks, so $25, ok. After payment, please wait a few hours for me to get the region files prepared. Ok, how far above ground do you want it? ok, and do you want grass or stone here, sounds good. Please leave the area for a few hours while I replace the region files, don't login to this area until the next restart or it won't work. Now that your base is in place, heres some dirt and some saplings to terraform.

4. As for me, I'm still going to be active. I already told Crafty that I have my trading courses going on so I won't be as active as I was before. I'll be semi-active/active on 1.8 server. Since it's a different seed I guess that we'll have lots of fun and shit but that's too time consuming for me. I'll most likely come on 1.9 when I'll be quite stable financially and when I get my shit sorted IRL. Like, I lost two bases since the last restart.

You know...the one where I wanted to build a 100x60 fortress and then the one with auto sugarcane farm.
    I still have my grinder base which I'm so surprised it's still here and I love it a lot. Sadly the only way I'll be in it is playing on 1.8 server which I prefer over 1.9 but I'll maybe come on 1.9 to see y'all and stuff.

I'm not quitting on the server, I still wanna do what I do best and that's building and stuff but I want to focus on my trading career and I'm gonna be involved in a very lucrative business that'll make me really good amount of money so I'll be able to play on CM, go out, go to gym and other stuff I wanna do.

Like, everyone invested time into making their bases. I mean look at this way, we all were really sad over the map restart last year. I was sad I'll lose my rather a tiny base because I absolutely loved it but hey, restart was needed so it happened. Then I had a tiny base until based LoneWolf invited me to Apathy so I helped them build their second base which was the guardian grinder base. Since they left, the base became mine(even though I still claim it's Apathy's base and it's under everyone in the Apathy ownership. I can't really claim the hard work they've done all to myself.).

I'm not that uber happy I won't have my fancy base in 1.9 but hey, if I get to 1.9 I'll build myself up all over again just like I did before. :)

5. I spent many hours on our base and can assure you it has been sad to leave it but I don't think Crafty should be copying across bases. It is good to all be starting afresh and putting folks back on a level playing field. it has also brought the chance to make new friends.