Riddle me this!

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@QuietSheep I just added 96 minutes to the time starting at 2.00 until i got to 8.24 which was done by adding it 4 times (which means it was only 4 hours in reality), that means the time was 6 when the clock stopped, an hour afterwards would be 7. Idk did I explain that right?

Correct!

3. Sweet next one XD

========================
    You draw a line, without altering the line at all, how do you make it longer?

4. Hmm, can I just add a bit to the line?

======================== + ========

Or... I draw the line on a piece of paper, and then stick the two ends of the paper together to get an INFINITE line??

5. good thinking XD but both methods would be altering the line

6. Putting a second line next to it and calling it longer :)

7. @sknup When there is fire in me then I am still cold; When I own your true love's face then you will not see me; To all things I give no more than I am given; In time I may have all things and yet I may keep nothing.

Anyone have an answer?

8. @sknup is it a mirror?

9. criaotic

24 Jun 2016 Suspended

@NutjobBob @sknup is it a mirror?

^same^

10. @QuietSheep Sweet next one XD

========================

would it be altering the line to draw arrows at the end of it
    Because arrows indicate that the line goes on longer than what shows but thats just my guess

11. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@QuietSheep Sweet next one XD

========================

pointing a magnifying glass on the line would make it look longer lol

or i can just draw it on a large paper, and cut some of the paper (not the line),

so the paper will be shorter but the line will be longer

12. @Cileklim pointing a magnifying glass on the line would make it look longer lol

Inspired genius!

13. @Beedobi would it be altering the line to draw arrows at the end of it
    Because arrows indicate that the line goes on longer than what shows but thats just my guess

It would be altering. It is a relatively difficult riddle. You have to think outside the box.

14. @Cileklim pointing a magnifying glass on the line would make it look longer lol

or i can just draw it on a large paper, and cut some of the paper (not the line),

so the paper will be shorter but the line will be longer

Magnifying the line would be altering it, however. Your solution of cutting the paper is pretty much it XD. Longer is a relative term. The solution I had was drawing a smaller line beside the line so that the original would be longer.

15. @QuietSheep Sweet next one XD

========================

Well, If we take the line as a collection of molecules that simply absorb more light than the rest of the paper then that is our hypothetical line. What you do then is take the piece of paper, with said line and put it in an room that allows no light to enter it. As there would no longer be any light to create the line, it becomes both infinite and non existent at the same time without actually altering the line.

16. @TheDunmerRaven Shit just got deep....

17. @TheDunmerRaven Well, If we take the line as a collection of molecules that simply absorb more light than the rest of the paper then that is our hypothetical line.

Just because there's no light it doesn't mean the molecules disappear. Things don't stop existing because you can't see them...or do they... (something something matrix cat something something)

The solution I had was drawing a smaller line beside the line so that the original would be longer.

@_Confederacy_ got that, your turn.

18. @NutjobBob Just because there's no light it doesn't mean the molecules disappear. Things don't stop existing because you can't see them...or do they... (something something matrix cat something something) .

Yeah, I picked up on that a about ten minutes ago xD

However, if we take the line as simply a perceived line, such as the results already suggested (As if we're dealing with a singular grouping of molecules that we are trying to make longer without altering them, it's impossible.), Thus, in a room without lighting, the perceived line disappears and to a viewer it would appear that the line doesn't exists, an extension of this of course is that the line becomes all consuming due to the lack of lighting itself.

19. Make the = into --, thus making it longer.

20. Is it in the word itself, to make it longer?

To be longer it needs to be relative to something else. Usually we'd think of making something longer *to itself* but how about just drawing another line that's not quite as long next to it?

=================== and then just draw =====

That'd definitely make it longer with an extra line and not messing with the original one.

21. That's it @Valgys you can do a riddle now or cileklim as he got it firtst but hasn't said anything XD

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!