Spawn Jeweler (Old Thread)

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Yelloms

I just want to say I welcome the return of the refreshed jeweler. I think the new, Emerald to Diamond trade is fair. Without the ability to trade emeralds for diamonds, emeralds go back to being essentially a form of currency with no useful payout.

I like the new trade because I believe choosing between hunting for diamonds, or raising villagers for emeralds should have equal value. But without the server created trade of Emeralds for diamonds, raising villagers loses a major benefit, which anyone who has gone through the nightmare of villager raising knows is essential.

While the first trade made villager raising very OP, I will admit I benefited from it, I think removing it altogether was to far in the other direction. I think 8:1 is an accurate value of Emeralds to Diamonds.

Thank you,

Yelloms

2. Thank you for the feedback. :) im looking into trying to balance the server again, and the jeweler was in dire need of an revamp

3. I was under the assumption (wrongly, it seems [I think?]) that the server wanted to make diamonds harder to get. With the new jeweler, I can mine for about an hour and pickup iron, gold and coal and cash it out really easily with this new jeweler. I cashed out a huge amount of diamonds today.

Since I've also recently figured out how to enchant my picks, making it when I find diamonds a lot better, i now have a huge supply of diamonds, which will encourage me to get back into PvE and exploring.

Is there anyway the farmer villager can be modified so I am not constantly running into the red X? I can simply trade around it by cashing in other items, but that only acts as a time sink and nothing else when you get down to brass tacks. It would be nice to just get rid of all the cool downs now that the jeweler is so easy to get diamonds off of.

I spend more time dealing with that villager than I do tending to my actual farm.

4. The lock out is a necessary feature with all the villagers-- it's that way so that there aren't unlimited trades.

5. the lock out on the trading post is cleared by simply walking a lil bit away then going back, no need to trade something else

6. The jeweler NPC no longer locks out for me. I can trade any amount of iron, gold, coal, or emeralds.

7. So, you're saying that you want me to remove the jeweler all together since you seem to be unable to avoid abusing him? thats fine.

8. Edited 7 years ago by BaronBattleBread

the iron, gold, coal and emerald trades im fine with. but your little bragging bit here has caused the unanimous decision to put a lockout limit on only the diamond trade.
    good job

9. @BaronBattleBread the iron, gold, coal and emerald trades im fine with. but your little bragging bit here has caused the unanimous decision to put a lockout limit on only the diamond trade.
    good job

Round of applause people -_-

10. *slow claps*

11. @BaronBattleBread So, you're saying that you want me to remove the jeweler all together since you seem to be unable to avoid abusing him? thats fine.

This was in no way my intention with this discussion. I was under the wrong impression that the jeweler was changed intentionally to allow unlimited trades. As I mentioned I thought that was a good thing due to the block acting as a time sink, and I was asking if the farmer one was also going to be changed the same way as I have a large farm and cashing out the crops simply takes to long.

I am new to this game (these are the 1st and only NPC villagers I've traded with), relativly new to this server (this is my 1st and only server I play on that I've stay for more than a moment) and I am trying to give input and or feedback on what I am doing in game in this server.

@BaronBattleBread the iron, gold, coal and emerald trades im fine with. but your little bragging bit here has caused the unanimous decision to put a lockout limit on only the diamond trade.
    good job

Bragging? Not at all. I've been taken completely out of context or misunderstood in this thread.

12. I've got to agree with Baron; it truly sounds like you are bragging when you say

@Dench781 With the new jeweler, I can mine for about an hour and pickup iron, gold and coal and cash it out really easily with this new jeweler. I cashed out a huge amount of diamonds today.

and

@Dench781 It would be nice to just get rid of all the cool downs now that the jeweler is so easy to get diamonds off of.

Maybe you didn't mean to sound like you were bragging, but it definitely comes off that way.

13. @Naidae I've got to agree with Baron; it truly sounds like you are bragging when you say

and

Maybe you didn't mean to sound like you were bragging, but it definitely comes off that way.

Take my word for it, I was not bragging. I was commenting on the noticeable change of how the Villagers work. The effort that I put into getting those matts could easily be done by any player on the server. Nothing that I did was worth bragging about - it's achievable by all simply via simple mining methods and time.

14. I think the lock on the diamond trade was a good thing, @cookiestepdog and I got 4 1/2 stacks of daimonds in a very small amount of time and would have lots more if it wasn't for my internet dying... Again. Hopefully the service man will be able to actually fix the problem with the satellite dish soon.

15. dench why are you back?

16. Do not necropost, @gilbertboys

or Sign Up to reply!