A little bug I've discovered.

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

So, little backstory so bare with me

So, I'm trying for some villagers with some good trades, so of course I get a zillager from my grinder turn him into a villager, didn't like the trades turned him back and so forth.

Anyways after turning em back into a zillager I go to spawn to chill in the arena. I come back and POOF gone (Bare in mind it WAS renamed!) So naturally I msg'd staff (AKA Gib) and he said he'd talk with higher ups. After that I got another, and told him it wasn't necessary.

So I ran a little test I renamed the zillager and did the same but this time I took some proof screenies where you can see it's CLEARLY renamed. When I come back again gone. Is there anyway staff could possibly help or at least provide an explanation?
    Before:
    -image-
    After ;-; :
    -image-

Thanks.
    -Green

2. Invisible or gone, can you place blocks where it was?

3. Edited 7 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

Yes, But I'll try again

4. Yep gone:

-image-

5. Report to mojang maybe? That would be nice.

6. Edited 7 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

xD

EDIT: I actually might make a bug report tho

7. Some of my zillagers also disappeared when I was curing then. I even wondered if they could have just killed each other or being cleared with ground objects. But no, it still happen sometimes.

8. Its been a while since ive heard of this bug again.. we once had a player lose a 26 librarian market. just poof.

ive never seen or heard of a "fix" or reason yet though. :/

9. I've cured a lot of villagers, you have to stand nearby and watch them, or they might disappear it seems

10. It's a known bug that's existed since 1.5. Here's the relevant bug report:

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-23320

Strange it's happened so much to you though.

Also, I'm sure I saw the ground clear remove hostile mobs. Is this possible or just a despawn coincidence?

11. Edited 7 years ago by GibsonAxe

Item clears only clears guardians and skeletons, i believe

12. I don't know if its related, but I had 10 cured zillagers in my base. A few days ago, I come back from spawn and eight of them had disappeared /: The villagers were named to be extra safe

13. As I remember I've never seen villagers disappearing after converted. I hope none does.

Even more frustrating than that is when they hit you and get killed by thorns.

14. That's 2 name tags, 4 golden apples, 4 weakness potions and my time. Gone.

Great, #BlameMojang

15. Edited 7 years ago by JDAKandEEK

I always found it strange how some mobs would despawn and some wouldn't when using the return to spawn function. My rabbit grinder rabbits wouldn't despawn yet most other hostile mobs would excluding guardians. I would use this technique to keep entities down. Rabbits are a pain in the ass to try and seek in a mineshaft.

16. If I find a bug I always squish them

17. friendly mobs dont despawn when you leave the area

18. Maybe you just need to get to know the zombies then, offer them a cup of coffee, invite the out to lunch. If they're friendly they'll stay.

19. I tried that sheep the zombies kept eating my cups and I couldn't afford it anymore

or Sign Up to reply!