What do you like the most from 1.11?

1. 7 years ago

Hey fellas. So as the title says.

I like Shulker box the most and those things that revive you when you die.

Now the shulker egg has a use now. :)

2. I don't know what 1.11 update has

3. https://forum.craftymynes.com/3124-1-11-coming-out-the-exploration-update

4. Totem sounds... unusual to me but i like the idea of riding a llama with a carpet of my favorite color on it!

5. I like the new curse enchantments! It will make custom maps and minigames alot easier!

6. i like the idea of the treasure maps

7. Llamas

8. Observer block, return of the glass elevator, and shulker boxes.

9. FUCKING LAMAS BROOOS

10. Shulker boxes are gonna make it so nice to travel with lots of stuff while still having lots of room left. I heard you can also use maps in the end with 1.11, which I think will look really cool if you get a whole wall done of them.

11. Observer block is a huge addition. And shulker boxes but how common are they going to be on the server is the question

12. I'm so freaking psyched for the llamas! I can't wait!

13. @Grinning_Bobcat And shulker boxes but how common are they going to be on the server is the question

I'm working on a way to afk grind shulker shells (most likely using wolves). If I find a decent way I'll probably end up using my shulker egg to get chests of shells to sell dirt cheap. Don't want people to be left out if they don't want to travel thousands of blocks in the end to find shulkers :)

14. @cepheid I'm working on a way to afk grind shulker shells (most likely using wolves). If I find a decent way I'll probably end up using my shulker egg to get chests of shells to sell dirt cheap. Don't want people to be left out if they don't want to travel thousands of blocks in the end to find shulkers :)

Good man, ill save up my emeralds :D

15. Vindicater illigers seem worthy of being farmed in my opinion... They drop emeralds

16. Illagers spawn like shulkers. They spawn in once with the structure and then no more. This prevents any farming of them.

17. Backpacks... Why are you not here yet?

18. Wait a mo if you can put shulker boxes inside other shulker boxes .... infinite storage :/ :D

19. @jamlbon Wait a mo if you can put shulker boxes inside other shulker boxes .... infinite storage :/ :D

Unfortunately you cannot, they said so at the announcement

20. Edited 7 years ago by NutjobBob

@cepheid I'm working on a way to afk grind shulker shells (most likely using wolves). If I find a decent way I'll probably end up using my shulker egg to get chests of shells to sell dirt cheap.

I got curious and thought I'd try this out too - I think I came up with something that works. For lack of a better place to put it, here you go:
    (correct for snapshot 16w40a)

The obvious problems:

• Can't use fall damage, lava, cacti or suffocation
    • Wolves/iron golems will eventually die

Helpful notes

• Shulker spawners spawn in any light level
    • Shulkers teleport to the sides of solid blocks in a 17x17x17 area
    • Shulkers try to teleport if they're not attached to a solid block
    • They can accidentally hit each other and will attack each other

Sooo....
    With a 26x26x20 spawning space shulkers have no blocks to teleport to.
    -image-

We can then give them specific blocks to teleport to. (hoppers are a couple of blocks above the spawner)
    -image-

They'll go to the top and side of the soul sand.
    -image-

Now standing in front of them, they'll try to hit you, but can't because of the slabs. Instead they'll hit and kill each other. Hooray!
    -image-

(the bottom row seem to sometimes hit you if you are standing in the middle of a block, so I used the fence to align myself)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!