1. 7 years ago

this is a little preemptive but a place in spawn where people can leave llama trading caravans in safety one 1.11 comes out.

2. Edited 7 years ago by FishW

I can imagine it now hundreds of players trekking from all corners of the map all converging at the trading post as thousands of llamas over run spawn.....
    But in all seriousness a decent idea but even if llamas did get protection people would be llama jacking left and right. I mean one player gets off the llama another player gets on and rides off into the sunset or they just hop on a llama in your caravan. How would you stop this? I mean not saying it is a bad idea. I'd love to bring my llama to spawn just don't want to be robbed lol

3. @FishW it could be a unit thing you bring your llama caravan and place it in a unit and the unit is locked with redstone pistons or something similar and you could be given a specific item to act as a key so you can get your llamas later

4. @thegoldsmith @FishW it could be a unit thing you bring your llama caravan and place it in a unit and the unit is locked with redstone pistons or something similar and you could be given a specific item to act as a key so you can get your llamas later

Thats a good idea! Then maybe like you have one hour of time or such. And if you don't return the gates are opened so no one can just take over all the stalls. And maybe you pay a small fee to use it too.

5. Edited 7 years ago by thegoldsmith

maybe not one hour because what if you have to go and do something or are exploring and find something cool. or if you want to leave them there for a while or overnight maybe 24 hours @FishW

6. @FishW I can imagine it now hundreds of players trekking from all corners of the map all converging at the trading post as thousands of llamas over run spawn.....
    But in all seriousness a decent idea but even if llamas did get protection people would be llama jacking left and right. I mean one player gets off the llama another player gets on and rides off into the sunset or they just hop on a llama in your caravan. How would you stop this? I mean not saying it is a bad idea. I'd love to bring my llama to spawn just don't want to be robbed lol

you know you will be able to ride llamas but not control them right?

7. Doesn't stop you from leading them away

8. @Grinning_Bobcat Doesn't stop you from leading them away

yeah but if they are in the unit they are in accessible to anyone other than the owner

9. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

We don't have enough room for hundreds of llama parking docks nor the time required to moderate said docks.
    That's aside from the whole entities in spawn issue.

It's a pretty unrealistic idea and there no real benefit to implementing it either given that people can just TP home.

10. Oh my god! I can't freaking wait for the llamas!

11. Edited 7 years ago by thegoldsmith

@R4iscool1 We don't have enough room for hundreds of llama parking docks nor the time required to moderate said docks.
    That's aside from the whole entities in spawn issue.

It's a pretty unrealistic idea and there no real benefit to implementing it either given that people can just TP home.

doent have to be hundreds could be limited to about 10 1 llama units and people could trade higher quality llamas

12. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@thegoldsmith doent have to be hundreds could be limited to about 10 1 llama units and people could trade higher quality llamas

Then how do we decide who gets what and prevent people from hogging them ?

13. You will need a redstone system using a block to open a gate. Only the owner of the caravan will know which block to break in order to get the gate open but it's got flaws because it will be hard to let players break stuff in a place protected by spawn protection and people can break random blocks to find the blocks that open the gates. My two cents, as always.

14. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

Cool idea, but I think it's going to be tough keeping it from getting exploited and subsequently being a waste of the staff's time. Plus, where are you going to go with a llama caravan from spawn without getting jacked? It'd be like the wild west for real.

15. @Valgys I think it's going to be tough keeping it from getting exploited and subsequently being a waste of the staff's time.

@Valgys waste of the staff's time.

It's just a suggestion.

@Valgys Plus, where are you going to go with a llama caravan from spawn without getting jacked? It'd be like the wild west for real.

Well, it would be fun! Llama races etc.

16. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

Sorry wasn't going for a negative tone @Cileklim even though it sure sounds like it. Just trying to say I see challenges cause everyone probably won't play nice and give the staff more grief to keep it usable for the honest folk.

I think a place far from spawn that can only be reached by running/caravans would be really neat - idk if you can disable tps or something and have just a few command blocks for stuff like the stables suggested here. That way there's a semi-wild west to it and wouldn't flood spawn with extra stuff, without creating an onus for the staff to keep it running 24/7 (since it's not world spawn). Now that would be fun. But it's a tall order to ask I know...

17. If you want an idea like this, why not build it for yourself? Say have a town built over a wide enough area so people can have caravans too and fro for the fun of it.

Same could be said for multiple things.

18. @Valgys Plus, where are you going to go with a llama caravan from spawn without getting jacked? It'd be like the wild west for real.

That would be fun lol

19. @TheDunmerRaven If you want an idea like this, why not build it for yourself? Say have a town built over a wide enough area so people can have caravans too and fro for the fun of it.

Same could be said for multiple things.

I think there's the implied request of some kind of built-in protection of your property that will guarantee you can leave your stuff in a crowded area and expect it to be there 60 seconds later, let alone several hours later.

20. I think something like a blackmarket would be cool. A place outside of 10k where like a group of players meet once a week to trade, maybe do some wilderness pvp, tell stories of ventures, exchange animals, and such. Sorta like a Middle Earth Bar is what I am picturing. Like a small village setup with several vendor stalls where players can sell items and trade. But yeah I know everyone is gonna be like "that will never work, it would be raided" and yeah it would be. Idk maybe something like this does exist... I just haven't been invited lol.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!