Post a Reply

Mob Griefing and Fire Spreading

1. 7 years ago

I like the idea of mob griefing being on , but as crafty said on fire spread i feel would be a terrible idea , for lots of reasons .I have been seeing loads of players in the past few months share the idea /wishing in chat /teamspeak about turning mob grefing on , just most of them dont make it to the forums to share there own thoughts about it , hopefully more players can share there views on it and what they like to give a better idea of what the community wants , but at the end of the day crafty (the server owner) has the final say and we all have to respect that ,thanks to all his countless hours and hard work we have such a wonderful server to play on :D.

2. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

@R4iscool1 We aren't hiring extra staff just for the purpose of janitor so that a no go, as for a mob sapper it's possible to make one however there are other important issues with that approach as crafty will likely explain.

I'm sorry but you don't appear to be very appreciative of the work staff do.. many of the staff spend long long period cleaning spawn for the benefit of the community.
    Objectively there is plenty of reasons to disable mob griefing if you want to go into it, all of the reasons you list are opinions that you think they will they improve the gameplay experience, other players may and do disagree and feel that they take from the experience.
    Some feel creeper explosions are an uneccesry feature others believe that introducing large large auto farms would ruin the server economy and lead to more lag.

I am also sorry if i am misreading something but which part makes you feel he isnt being appreciative of the work we do with cleaning ? i clean everyday i am on for a couple hours at least , i didnt see in any way he wasnt being appreciative of it ? also the whole cleaning thing of spawn... should that not be pushed further back as a smaller dispute ? I would love to hear from crafty on more of the reasons of the mob zapper . I am actually highly confused why this keeps slipping back to "Cleaning " .

3. @Cileklim A similar idea to what @NutjobBob mentioned, why not enable mob griefing but keep it off around 2k of spawn?

It prevents explosions from making it harder to keep spawn area clean and lets players have a more "vanilla" gameplay.

Which is a win-win situation if you ask me.

Impossible to set a gamerule within a range, Nutjobs idea has benefits but there is also some cons that need to be carefully balanced against them if it were to be considered.
    Nor does it address the fact many people don't like creeper explosions in the first place.

@2Chill I am also sorry if i am misreading something but which part makes you feel he isnt being appreciative of the work we do with cleaning ? i clean everyday i am on for a couple hours at least , i didnt see in any way he wasnt being appreciative of it ? also the whole cleaning thing of spawn... should that not be pushed further back as a smaller dispute ? I would love to hear from crafty on more of the reasons of the mob zapper . I am actually highly confused why this keeps slipping back to "Cleaning " .

It slips back to cleaning because many of us know what spawn was like before we had mob grief disabled and the mess of craters it was.
    His suggestions that we just add more staff and seeming lack of care for the job that done where what lead me to the conclusion that he didn't seem to fully appreciate it, perhaps I'm wrong but the post certainly gave that impression.

@2Chill Also about the farms , we already have people who have farms that lag like crazy @ the huge pumpkin ones ...not to call any names but im sure you have seen them , and they will drop your frames by alot and surely lag the server also already.

So what ?
    becuase we allow one thing that allows lots of lag we should allow everything ?

@NutjobBob I'm not very knowledgeable about commands, but I suspect most of the command blocks on the server already run on a clock repeating every tick. I'm not sure if adding an entitydata clock would actually cause a problem. Regardless, I'm sure the Boss know what he's doing and whether doing something like this is feasible.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.
    If you're talking about using villager farming as a way to get emeralds: Without looking too much into the numbers I'm fairly sure that auto melon/pumpkin farms are a much faster way to get emeralds than villager farms.
    If you mean villager breeding you might have a point. Although Baron's post you quoted above can go both ways. Having mob griefing on makes villagers who give you incredible stuff easy to work with, but it's balanced by having the danger of creepers exploding your houseand zombies tearing into your encampment.

If this is possible, great! I only suggested setting explosion radii to 0 because I didn't think it was possible to change gamerules in a specific area.

I don't think so but it would have to be something you would need to ask crafty to verify, the only example I can think of that runs on a repeating clock would be the entity clear and the bat remover which is disabled.

Villager farming is much cheaper than melon farming and easy to scale however with some of the designs out there the difference in output isn't that large and offset by not having to spend on pistons and the like.

I don't really think creepers are actually much of a threat to an end game player, they already deal identical damage so I'm unsure as to why having them blow small holes in your base rarely would balance the fact the game became much easier with regards to breeding.

4. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

I think the poll is only useful if warranted or issued by the owner if he feels the need for one , that said interesting to see the results though polls can be cheated etc... i think its better if people would just come to the forums and post their own input here , and that wont be rigged etc unless you count alts i guess..but other than that , i firmly believe that staff does listen and take inconsideration the players input , look how much time me and r4 respectively have put into this thread in general , now i know me nor r4 speak for staff as a whole and nor do i say we reflect the overall view of staff , i give my inputs based on countless hours of play on the server currently 130 mil_+ ticks from a player perspective and staff , i am sure others do the same .Some ideas and suggestions are not very well expressed and do tend to cause some friction , but this one on the other hand i think is one of the first really well done suggestions and once again i must say i am thrilled at the turn out so far by the community , keep being creative and tossing out ideas , i haven't known crafty for long as alot of people have overall but i have had lots of countless long conversations on teamspeak , prestaff and after i can tell you he listens and takes it all in and will make the best decision for the server ,not ass kissing btw its just the truth .

Please do not be afraid to post your opinion , we are not wild animals and arn't here to attack you for sharing your thoughts we are here for the community /server to help keep it fun ,safe, and respectable for all ages and peoples equally .