Mob Griefing and Fire Spreading

1. 7 years ago

Will the server consider turning on mob griefing and fire spreading in the near future?

IMO, with these two settings disabled, I feel we are missing some vanilla aspects in the game.
    I would certainly like to build some farms that uses these settings. And villager breeding will also be less difficult.

2. I hope they'll enable it because I like farming snow straight outta snowmen :D

3. @_Drachenzorn_ settings

Unlikely this has been discussed before and the reasons that we have disabled them have not changed.
    See this post for more info.

@BaronBattleBread Thank you for the information, but your reasoning is a bit off.

Its not supposed to be "easy". Its hard. Seriously, server is on hard mode. Survival, hard.

Mob griefing isnt off solely for protection. it causes balance- we remove some danger of creepers exploding your houseand zombies tearing into your encampment, and its balanced through making the villagers who can provide you with incredible goods with ease, slightly harder to work with.

Imputing your commands would be catering to an "all profit, no work" nonsenseical image that isnt part of minecraft. At least not the minecraft we share here on CraftyMynes.

You want something?

you work for it,
    like the hundreds of thousands of player before you have done for the last 2 1/2 years.
    Ive seen amazing things built in this world- automatic farms that strech beyond render, villager sorters from zombie grinders with redstone workings i couldnt even begin to understand, all brought to creation because it wasnt "easy" to work with them.

There's also a couple of threads around detailing the more technical reasons if you wish too look.

4. @iDogeTwinkie I hope they'll enable it because I like farming snow straight outta snowmen :D

Awwwww you can't do that Im sad now

5. I read the post just now, its an attempt to further the discussion. Villager breeding is just one of the benefit. What Im trying to point out is that vanilla aspect where you need to really look out for those mob attacks and your surroundings that may affect your survival.

I played in another vanilla server with those settings enabled and the experience is quite different (And dont tell me to just play there, I like CM thats why Im suggesting this, I believe, positive aspect) .

Ill try to enumerate the things I experienced that I felt missing in CM:

1. you need to reinforce your builds to counter creepers or ghast
    2. you need to watch out your materials that can potentially burn like wood or wool.
    3. you need to prepare when you summon the wither
    4. you can build auto farms like tree farms with wither or wheat farms with villager AI.
    5. you can build snow farms.

Well I hope you think about it.

6. Firespread is definitely not going to happen due to the amount of lag it causes. I will think on mob greifing.

7. Edited 7 years ago by Shiba_Ina

Please dooon’t T.T
    Creepers will make holes and then everything is gonna have holes and look suuuper uuugly =/

And the helpers will have much more work fixing up around spawn again too.

8. For a more productive post:
    I think mob griefing being on helps for villager farms, and snow golems.
    But the idea of creepers being on lol my builds would be rip. I've seen servers with a hybrid where mob griefing is on but creepers cant blow up stuff. But I think a server of this size would be hard to make that work.
    So goods and bads of each.

9. Edited 7 years ago by _Drachenzorn_

Thats the idea, making your builds mob proof as possible. IMO its a really good experience, even a part of your base is blown, thats because you didnt prepare and you need to correct it.

10. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

@_Drachenzorn_ But the idea of creepers being on lol my builds would be rip. I've seen servers with a hybrid where mob griefing is on but creepers cant blow up stuff. But I think a server of this size would be hard to make that work.

In my opinion this is a bad thing, most of the staff already spend a lot of time cleaning spawn up, implementing this will double or even triple the workload.

I think baron had a very good point too, Craftymynes is balanced with the idea mob grieifing is off, if we do enable it then certain villagers may be removed from spawn/nerfed.

11. @_Drachenzorn_ 3. you need to prepare when you summon the wither

I would like this one especially because the wither is very easy without mob griefing, jut put it in a hole and shoot (it can't touch you) until the shield activates and then just hit it, there are no risks of it destroying any build, so you can spawn it inside your house if you want.

12. Though I've commented on this before, and I'm pro- enabling, I do see that if it is enabled it would be tricky to solve the enderdragon destroying the end problem

13. @Jordi223b I would like this one especially because the wither is very easy without mob griefing, jut put it in a hole and shoot (it can't touch you) until the shield activates and then just hit it, there are no risks of it destroying any build, so you can spawn it inside your house if you want.

There's nothing stopping you from spawning it outside and trying to kill it, if that's really something you like.

14. My last point, before I become annoying (i hope not). Mobs like creepers and withers or ghast have their explosion effects as part of their design. Turning mob griefing off is limiting these design. Thats why withers are push overs or we dont respect the creepers when we should be more careful with them. Thats the experience we are missing.

15. I like the idea of mob griefing being on , but as crafty said on fire spread i feel would be a terrible idea , for lots of reasons .I have been seeing loads of players in the past few months share the idea /wishing in chat /teamspeak about turning mob grefing on , just most of them dont make it to the forums to share there own thoughts about it , hopefully more players can share there views on it and what they like to give a better idea of what the community wants , but at the end of the day crafty (the server owner) has the final say and we all have to respect that ,thanks to all his countless hours and hard work we have such a wonderful server to play on :D.

16. Personally I'm against mob griefing. When the staff is out cleaning, it's very easy for creepers to sneak up and explode. It's not a big deal as it is, but if mob griefing was on, it would just create tonnes of extra work. As for the Villager issue, just use a spawner. Curing the villagers is faster than them breeding by default anyways.

17. @PapaNeon Personally I'm against mob griefing. When the staff is out cleaning, it's very easy for creepers to sneak up and explode. It's not a big deal as it is, but if mob griefing was on, it would just create tonnes of extra work. As for the Villager issue, just use a spawner. Curing the villagers is faster than them breeding by default anyways.

True unless you move the protection back further or something but then we wouldnt have anything to clean ethier i guess , hm and may create extra lag ? not really sure .

18. Instead of cleaning, why not just reset the spawn chunks every restart? *Cough* That takes care of the work and still keeps the "Creepers are more evil" aspect alive.

19. Well i feel like we are going back to this single "take care of the spawn" issue, when Im pointing out is the limting aspect of the mob griefing being disabled. Dont takw me wrong I really appreciate the work done in maintaining the spawn but its the gameplay im pointing. As i enumerated above, we are missing these gameplays in our current settings. I could agree with firespread disabled but mob griefing could make our gameplay complete.

20. @_Drachenzorn_ Well i feel like we are going back to this single "take care of the spawn" issue, when Im pointing out is the limting aspect of the mob griefing being disabled. Dont takw me wrong I really appreciate the work done in maintaining the spawn but its the gameplay im pointing. As i enumerated above, we are missing these gameplays in our current settings. I could agree with firespread disabled but mob griefing could make our gameplay complete.

i understand and i know what you mean and that you do , but thats the common one ppl keep throwing up so i was just responding to it also.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!