OPEN-SOURCE CONVERTER

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by NERD_EXE

Moved to:

2. People could easily use a calculator or their minds to calculate how many iron ingots or other stuff they need to turn into emeralds to get a certain amount of diamonds.

3. @KatcheD People could easily use a calculator or their minds to calculate how many iron ingots or other stuff they need to turn into emeralds to get a certain amount of diamonds.

^ This.

4. Edited 7 years ago by NERD_EXE

@KatcheD People could easily use a calculator or their minds to calculate how many iron ingots or other stuff they need to turn into emeralds to get a certain amount of diamonds.

What would you rather do? Instant calculation that deals with remainders and everything for you or a multi-step calculation process? It's not meant to say "You can't do it without it" but rather for simplicity reasons.

Let's put it this way: if you're doing it without it, you have to keep in mind that it is a 1:1 ratio ingots to emeralds, and that 16 emeralds=2 diamonds, and you must ALWAYS have at LEAST 16 emeralds because it is a set ratio. With this converter, it tells you that WITH remainders already dealt with and tells you in a matter of seconds. Obviously, for some simple calculations this is easy, but say you want to figure out how many ingots you need for 722 diamonds? With my converter, I can easily get that I would need 5776 iron ingots. Now sure, you could take some extra time to calculate that out, but what about odd numbers? That is the best part of this converter, which takes care of the remainders. Say I wanted 723 diamonds, my converter says that I would need 5792 and I would have 1 extra diamond.

5. I dont really know much about programming XD but is this meant to be used in python? (sorry im really dumb)

6. @Quartz_King I dont really know much about programming XD but is this meant to be used in python? (sorry im really dumb)

No problem! For the sake of simplicity, I wrote it in batch, which means you simply have to download it and run it. I would have written in python, but then you'd have to get all of the extra environment setup. Just simply press "DOWNLOAD ZIP" on the page and the .bat file will be inside of it. Enjoy!

7. Deleted 7 years ago by BaronBattleBread
  8. It just seems to be dealing with a non issue here, I don't think anyone has had issues with doing the maths before.
    I applaud experimenting with your programming skills but I think that the actual usage for this program is very little.

9. Lol u can do some fun stuff with batch files

10. Greta job! I like the idea!

Lol, it is good for lazy asses like me, not gonna even take out the calculator

or Sign Up to reply!