Reset Hardcore Challenge

1. 7 years ago

I thought it might be fun after the reset to see who can go the longest before dying. The winner would then get a pot of diamonds from all participants!

So we'll all agree to pay 16 diamonds to the winner. Play until you die, then screenshot your death with your ticks below it. Whoever has the most ticks when they first die wins!

If you don't show your death with ticks you are disqualified.

Also there are ways to be lame and win, but hopefully it will be with people who are in it for the competition.

Anyone think we could do this?

-Yelloms

2. Maybe if it goes on to long, after a certain tick number, the winners can split the pot. That way if someone just never dies, the challenge can still have the payout.

3. Then they would stay in spawn just to win

4. I'd join this for fun, but it might take longer than you think. Even though I've let my kd go recently (farming 3 of my heads, friendly unarmored pvp, intentionally dying to mobs, etc) just screwing around, as far as I'm concerned I only had 2 real deaths on the server, both to other players and no deaths in the last 6 months or so

5. Edited 7 years ago by adamblakely2

@cepheid you would have died in lava if it wasent for me and the towel

6. Edited 7 years ago by OmegaSniper4eva

Im in.
    Start a list of perticipants

7. Ill join

8. sounds fun, count me in ^_^

9. I'll do it. Probably will lose quickly. But I'll still try

10. Edited 7 years ago by Retrochewy

Me, Im with Drach

11. me, i want to join the challenge

12. Edited 7 years ago by Yelloms

Sweet! Okay does 16 diamonds sound fair? How about 1,720,000 ticks, that is exactly 24 hours of ingame time, after that whoever is alive splits the pot? Longer, shorter, thoughts?

As of right now I have:

@cepheid
    @adamblakely2
    @OmegaSniper4eva
    @_Drachenzorn_
    @CovertRaw
    @WBlaine
    @Retrochewy
    @blazehunter2004

13. That would be 144 diamonds if one person takes all!

14. In order to register a death you need a screen like this example:

-image-

Or if you pass the tick-finish-line you would just need a "deaths?" (Zero obviously) and "ticks?" to prove you made it. Fair?

15. This is hard because as soon as you die, you need to be able to catch the "ticks?" and "Deaths?" on the same chat screen. If anyone has an idea to make this easier or at least harder to miss, I would be very appreciative.

16. We can also pick an admin or mod that can work as a diamond collector until a winner is determined. So for instance, you die, pay the chosen staff member your 16 diamonds. Then when everyone is in, if your ticks are greatest, the staffer pays you the pot.

17. I feel the time will need to be extended.

18. I'll probably do a longevity challenge for myself. When I first joined after the 1.9 reset I told myself that at 5 deaths I would quit the server. About 6 months later I had 3 deaths, but I decided to stop caring for reasons. Probably won't be able to make a bet on it but I'd be down for a friendly competition beyond this competition (assuming I don't die) just for fun and bragging rights

19. I'd love to participate too... but I know for a fact I'll lose. XD I have a routine when I start fresh that after five minutes of gathering materials and getting started, a creeper always sneaks up behind me and blows me up. Every single time this never fails to happen, even when I know about it.

20. So its 24 hours in game time. But is there a limit on the real life time? Like a week or a month. Some may only play a couple of minutes a day. Some may continuously play for 24 hours.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!