Trapping/Camping Nether and End

1. 8 years ago

I just wanted to say that there are no official rules on trapping and camping for this server and I would really like Craftymyner to clarify what exactly he wants for the trapping and camping rules and add them to the official rules list.

That being said I personally wish that there was no rules against trapping and camping however I can see that the camping is a little unfair and would be ok with it be not allowed. Still calling "trapping" an extension of camping is quite a stretch of the rules as I told r4 today. I believe that trapping around nether spawn and in the end should be allowed. In the nether there are many ways to exit the nether spawn and not fall into traps. Although I would agree with u traps like directly one block outside the end spawn in the end those shouldn't be allowed.

Still I wish that Crafty would really clarify the rule and lay down what he wants on this matter in stone on the rules page no matter the verdict. Just know that trapping is a fun thing and if you discourage it enough no one will do it and I wouldn't like Craftymynes without some cool traps to shake up the mix.

2. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

I disagree.
    With lava at your back in the nether spawn there is only 2-3 viable paths to leave spawn, short of tunneling through which we wish to discourage. Trapping these leads to much havok and pointless deaths.

I also can't think of any reason short of trolling to actually trap the nether without collecting the drops.

3. There are some valid points here, but first and foremost;
    "Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place."
    Without rules for trapping, nobody would be confident enough to leave spawn.
    Imagine it this way; a new player joins. "Where do I go? How do I leave spawn?" Nobody answers for one or two minutes, so he walks out of spawn. Boom, he gets blown up, or falls down a 60 block hole, etc etc. "wow this server sucks, bye~~".
    You're also wrong about the fact that there are many ways to leave nether spawn, there is pretty much only 1, you'd have to go out of your way to use any other one. One suggestion is that the admins should build paths 4-way from the spawn nether portal in each direction.

4. Edited 8 years ago by AP0C4L1P53

@darktyui

Rules for the 1.8 applies to 1.9 too, remember that its only an UPDATE like from 1.8.8 to 1.8.9 all the rules were the same, if we forgot to include them in this new update, well we missed it. There are a lot of things that staff had to worry about to help Crafty suit the 1.9 server so we could keep 1.8.9 too.

As you can remember there were some ideas of keeping the same server (1.8.9) and just update it to 1.9 so the rules will apply the same as far as I know.

So be a little grown up and do not try to go around the rules even if they were not marked or written in the server rules as in 1.8.9, because they ALL apply to 1.9.

That means, no camping and no pvp within the borders of the no-pvp zone (end-nether-spawn). Not attacking from the outside of the border to players in the safe-zone.

And you don't need Crafty to say what's the solution for this, as he has Staff that represents CraftyMynes! as he is a busy man.

and to remind you in 1.9 server rules:

Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place.

That means you keep the peace or get a nice ban for breaking the rules.

if you have any concerns tell any staff, they will get the message for the Staff Community of CraftyMynes!

5. Trapping around spawn has always been forbidden, since JustinTyme did it consistently over 10 months ago and we have banned him for it multiple times.
    Our apologies that we assumed that our players could use common sense and see how trapping is completely unfair to new players, we won't assume our player are capable of it ever again, and, moreover, seeing how there's only 2 exits to the nether spawn, I don't quite get your definition of "many ways".

6. I'll also add that in 1.8, you were not allowed to pvp right outside of nether spawn, and same goes in 1.9.
    Why would pvp be forbidden and not trapping?
    This is basic common sense, I completely do not understand your logic.

7. Edited 8 years ago by darktyui

In 1.8 everyone pvped outside of nether spawn btw and no one never got told to stop they just were told sometimes "no pvp near nether spawn for the next hour" by mods cause of people fighting there too much.

8. Also all I want is for the rules to say no trapping or camping end or nether spawn just add that in and I would be more than happy

9. Edited 8 years ago by r4iscool1

Its a hard to enforce rule however that does not invalidate it.
    The rules is there for a reason and it will stay as such imclusing trapping.

10. Edited 8 years ago by Blackened_Dawn

There is a rule, and it's the most common one repeated.
    "Listen to staff members - Enough said! People will always find ways around the rules, staff reserve the right to make changes to the rules to cover these holes in order to keep the server a safe friendly place."

11. Deleted 8 years ago by AP0C4L1P53
  12. @darktyui Also all I want is for the rules to say no trapping or camping end or nether spawn just add that in and I would be more than happy

This isnt about your happiness.
    If and when we have time to add it, we will however until them you are still bound to it regardless.

or Sign Up to reply!