STAR WARS Fever!!!

1. 7 years ago

I just came back from watching rogue one and i'd like to now your thoughts about the Star Wars franchise. Personnally i love it and its my favorite movie-franchise ever!

2. Mine too

3. I heard that they have to rewrite Episode IX because of what happened recently, Leia was gonna have a huge role.

4. They can just CGI her in like they did with Tarkin.

5. Edited 7 years ago by BenjoBanjo7

@MasaruCyri I heard that they have to rewrite Episode IX because of what happened recently, Leia was gonna have a huge role.

episode 9?

oh and to stay on subject, it is one of my favorites too!

6. @BenjoBanjo7 episode 9?

oh and to stay on subject, it is one of my favorites too!

yes, next year episode 8 is gonna come out, and the year after that episode 9

7. @Cellexya They can just CGI her in like they did with Tarkin.

Very true

8. Edited 7 years ago by TheBlizWiz

According to Wired (off the top of my head, could be a little off) in December 2015:

Disney plans to release a Star Wars movie every year, so long as people keep coming to watch them.

9. They may have to re-write IX, but I heard that all her scenes for VIII were finished.

10. In the future there will no longer be real actors, just CGI. Maybe they will just pay the people who lent their faces for every time they use them in a movie.

They could have a sort of database of "actors" to choose from for whatever movie they want to make.

11. I disagree. I think the only reason they had to do it here was because they revived a really old franchise. So, inevitably some people died between the originals and the revivals. Disney wanted to appeal to the early fan base, so they put in familiar faces (e.g. Tarkin). For original films, bringing back an old actor isn't necessary and probably not worth the extra time and money.

Anyways, I saw rogue one yesterday. I thought it was solid. Definitely better than VII in my opinion

12. Right now it's like that but in the future film companies will realize that it is much cheaper to just use CGI for the whole movie rather than having actual actors.

13. @WBlaine I disagree. I think the only reason they had to do it here was because they revived a really old franchise. So, inevitably some people died between the originals and the revivals. Disney wanted to appeal to the early fan base, so they put in familiar faces (e.g. Tarkin). For original films, bringing back an old actor isn't necessary and probably not worth the extra time and money.

Anyways, I saw rogue one yesterday. I thought it was solid. Definitely better than VII in my opinion

Agreed

14. To stay on topic:

I loved rouge one, it was a unique story unlike the force awakens, which basically copied a new hope in many aspects. Rouge one gave us a new story to look at. And the scenery was incredible, especially the skirmishes and battles between the rebels and the empire. The scores were amazing too, but they always are.

As for the Star Wars franchise in total, It is quite epic and if I had to give advice to Disney, it would be not to copy the original trilogy. But now that they've released rouge one I think they learned that.

15. Edited 7 years ago by builder7555

@_Confederacy_ To stay on topic:

I loved rouge one, it was a unique story unlike the force awakens, which basically copied a new hope in many aspects. Rouge one gave us a new story to look at. And the scenery was incredible, especially the skirmishes and battles between the rebels and the empire. The scores were amazing too, but they always are.

As for the Star Wars franchise in total, It is quite epic and if I had to give advice to Disney, it would be not to copy the original trilogy. But now that they've released rouge one I think they learned that.

i agree, although star wars VII was still really awsome and fun to watch, even though they copied A new hope. And is it really copying if you're copying yourself?

16. It's still being unoriginal though, which really bothered me.

17. i love how the end of rogue one links to the trilogy

18. To be honest, I thought that Tarkin's original actor actually made an appearance.

19. He died like 10 years ago sadly :(

20. Did you know that the actor who played Tarkin didn't like the boots so he decided to play with slippers the scenes in which he didn't show his boots

or Sign Up to reply!