The Economy is Undergoing Rapid Price Changes.

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

I mine so I have at least 3 stacks of all minerals but no Dias xD

3. Edited 7 years ago by _Haxington_

The only way we can get people to spend those diamonds is by offering them products which they cannot obtain on their own or that take a very long time to make... There is not much of that lately, therefore people just stockpile.

4. @_Haxington_ The only way we can get people to spend those diamonds is by offering them products which they cannot obtain on their own or that take a very long time to make... There is not much of that lately, therefore people just stockpile.

I just came up with a idea :>>>>

5. What may that be?

6. Edited 7 years ago by sirchristopher10

@_Haxington_ What may that be?

It will happen in a couple days just have to get suppliescan't tell you yet

7. Let me guess, you are going to sell redstone components such as hoppers and comparators in bulk?

8. @_Haxington_ Let me guess, you are going to sell redstone components such as hoppers and comparators in bulk?

That's part of it but not all

9. And you are also going to offer to build contraptions for people at a cost?

10. Only issue with that is gaining people's trust...

11. Deleted 7 years ago by Nysic
  12. well, diamonds are too valuable to be the currency, since you can make so much with them, but isn't that the reason why they ARE the currency? cause if that's not true, then i'm sure we would have changed them for something less usable and more findable like gold. perhaps we could start something like a merchant's law, where everything has a strict price with a better form of currency. i know that's hard to get player's to follow it but i'm sure that when a couple of shops do we could get the economy to go up again.

13. this is very interesting, thanks

14. thank you!

15. I agree. Diamonds are very valuable right now. I've noticed that even I stockpile diamonds and never spend them, cause I can get my own resources easier than the currency to buy the resources. Literally in the past few days I have gotten more wither skulls than I have diamonds. That's kinda ridiculous. What I'm wondering is why aren't we relying more on emeralds as a smaller currency? One that is easily gained by anyone that can grow crops and go to spawn to trade. It's the farmer's currency instead of the rich man's currency. In simpler terms: why are we paying with hundred dollar bills(diamonds) instead of 1 dollar bills(emeralds)? Especially when very few even own that much money. Some people argue it's because emeralds are just not worth enough to trade, but if I remember correctly who said that, it was one of the "rich" players who can afford to turn their nose up at emeralds. But a lot of us are not said "rich" players who can afford to pay in hundred dollar bills or we choose not to. But I for one love to trade in emeralds. It's something I can easily afford to spend and I can earn it just as easily. Yes, items will cost more emeralds than they would diamonds. But like my comparison, emeralds are $1 and diamonds $100. Big difference. But the main difference is that emeralds are easy to get. Diamonds are not as easy. So why are we not using emeralds as much as we probably should? Forget the use of diamonds versus emeralds, cause I know that's a reason people don't like emeralds. It's because you can't make tools and gear with emeralds, but diamonds you can. But we're not talking resources here. We're talking currency and economy. Diamonds are a resource. Emeralds are directly intended by mojang to be for trading, at least villager trading. They are meant to be minecraft currency. That might be why they don't have that many other uses for them.

So, yeah. My petition for emeralds to be used more as a currency, as they were intended to be.

16. The main problem for emeralds is that there is no emeralds for diamonds trade.

17. @TheBlizWiz The main problem for emeralds is that there is no emeralds for diamonds trade.

@Dennari43 Diamonds are a resource. Emeralds are directly intended by mojang to be for trading.

There is a trade. It's just that no one has settled on it. Like I said, diamonds are a resource. They have a functional purpose besides monetary. We have made it into currency when it isn't. In an economy, you use currency to buy resources. Emeralds=currency. Diamonds=resource. So that checks out just fine. If you're talking about the villager trade we used to have, again I stress: Diamonds are not currency. Not real currency, anyways. The purpose of emeralds is like a dollar bill. You can't craft it into something else. It's entire reason for existing is to be considered money. The emeralds to diamonds trade is like going to a jewelry store and buying every diamond they have in stock and calling your fancy necklaces money.
    What I'm trying to explain in as many metaphors as possible is that emeralds are meant solely as paper money that you use to buy items with. The person that is then payed the emeralds for the product in turn spends them on someone else's items they wish to buy. And so on. That's how a basic economy functions. When we trade diamonds, we are running into the issue of keeping what we get and hording it, taking the "diamond currency" out of circulation and hurting the economy. Emeralds do not have that much value function wise and so there's no real purpose to horde them, so nothing gets taken out of circulation, and you can always get more by trading with villagers, so we're actually adding more money into the economy when we use emeralds, which right now is exactly what we need.

18. Deleted 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat
  19. I concur, the economy is not growing, we are to interested in Diamonds, perhaps we should focus on the Servers economy. I right now have almost two stacks of diamonds. However I spend as many diamonds as I do mine or receive via transfer of goods. I suggest that the main shops that are listed should have a summit of sorts, and create a more valuable option to save our economy. We are currently the captains of industry, we have a responsibility to adapt and take hold of the great chain of industry. I also agree with @Dennari43 We should focus on creating an actual dollar, emeralds are considered useless as of right now, unless you want to work with villagers, so why not start creating an economy that supplies emeralds, thus we have a system and a set currency. In conclusion I submit the following suggestion we as the capitalists should communicate via a summit. Private message me if interested.

On another note: I am hiring for workers to work for me, to start mass producing for the servers scale. If interested message me.

20. My first thought was: 'Let's make a direct emerald for diamond trade!'
    My next thought was: 'Potatoes = Diamonds!'

What are we supposed to do?

21. @builder7555 perhaps we could start something like a merchant's law, where everything has a strict price with a better form of currency.

At the risk of sounding controversial, this is what communism did.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!