The Economy is Undergoing Rapid Price Changes.

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@iDogeTwinkie While you guys are discussing this emerald and diamond shit I'll just get myself farmer villagers and trade crops because green is my favorite color and I happen to like emeralds. :D

I mine diamonds for fun. They ain't as exciting as they were before I tell you that. :)

Scarcity exists in emeralds so more is preferred xD
    (But I don't like green villagers)

3. @CreeperLord170 Scarcity exists in emeralds so more is preferred xD
    (But I don't like green villagers)

Green villagers are like dogs. They just stand there moan like shitbags and do nothing. xD

4. @iDogeTwinkie Green villagers are like dogs. They just stand there moan like shitbags and do nothing. xD

*says the doge*

5. @iDogeTwinkie Green villagers are like dogs. They just stand there moan like shitbags and do nothing. xD

those are fightin words! if i had gear i would be challenging you to a duel over that!

6. Deleted 7 years ago by sirchristopher10
  7. There is great change in the economy... Have you felt it?

8. Edited 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat

@_Haxington_ There is great change in the economy... Have you felt it?

Yeah. I've significantly depended on trading for diamond income vs. Mining. I am looking for fortune picks even on my iron pick. I don't feel have enough diamond to trust myself using and wearing it

9. guys i've just been skimming through this and the overall thing that i understand is that you guys want to set up a traders union to standardize some prices and to prevent people ripping other players off. did i get that right?

10. Yeah pretty much

11. Edited 7 years ago by Abbasilol

Okay listen to yer Cap`n ! da point is, you didnt notice dat there are different kind of players with different playstyles, some ppl like mining and they`ll get tons of dias, some ppl dont like mining are merchants and will try to earn money by buy&selling,(There are even more playstyles but im lazy to put dem all), da fact is, both dia and emmie most be in economy, and i think this new corp trade fer emmies is realy bad.
    we got workers and merchants, workers stockpile dias, merchants only accept dias and stockpile dem too, and everyone will earn his emmies fer traiding with villagers through farming.
    you shouldnt be able to *farm* money if we count emmie as money, i think dere shouldnt be a way to farm them, (Expect dia dat you`ll find when mining), like before reset, ppl could trade with both dias and emmies, those ppl who were miners and nolifer workers, could pay in dias, and those who dont have DAT much time to play or mining is a pain fer dem could trade with emmies, also it would make ppl to sell&buy more if we remove those emmie farming styles, so it would be like buy/sell/buy/sell/buy/sell...
    Witch is a healthy economy, also dere should be a emmie to dia trader, so ppl wont have problem fer trading emmies or dias, Shops would accept all of them, also iron trade wos good too, cus it would give worker players some boost, cus probably they wont have da income of merchants only by farming dias.
    So ppl would be inspired to trade more stuff, for example i noticed dat somethings are impossible to find when you are browsing, i saw many ppl dat are lookin fer some specific items and no one would sell them, cus only RIch shops are working atm, and they wont waste their time fer a 1-2 dias or a few emmies, when they sell god-stuff fer a lot of dias.
    this way everyone with any playstyle will come into action, if you look up you`ll see workers are okay with the current economy cus they have tons of dia so they have everything they want, but other players who are not intrested in mining and nolifer farming have problems, also it would make new players more happy, cus they can join da action too without nolifer farming stuff,entire power of da bazzar is in those Big Shops hands, and dat is not good. also i see dat many ppl have problems in trading, they dont have dat much dia to pay the Shops fer stuff, only cus they are not intrested in mining, also making emmie da main currency will damage workers a little, so as i said up dere, both of da thing should be in da economy and dere should be a shop to exchange them, also dat Exchanger villager will be good thing, so everyone will know how many emmies will be how many dias.

12. Deleted 7 years ago by Abbasilol
  13. Sry put it two times cus of a delay -_-.

14. Edited 7 years ago by CreeperLord170

I disagree to any form of price control. For example, if you set a price ceiling under the equilibrium point, it would oftern cause shortages as producers are producing less as it is unprofitable and consumers would want to buy more as the price is low, causing deadweight loss. If there's a price floor above the equilibrium point, producers would produce more, but consumers would buy less and find substitutes, causing a waste in resources and the producers would soon stop producing as none is buying them.
    At the same time, diamonds have a elastic demand which means that it's quantity is less sensitive to the price. A price floor would not affect it's demand much, but would easily cause shortages and deadweight loss, making the economy "unhealthy".
    After all, in terms of helping consumers and producers, price controls are counterproductive (except minimum wage which we don't have to consider in minecraft).

15. @Abbasilol Okay listen to yer Cap`n ! da point is, you didnt notice dat there are different kind of players with different playstyles, some ppl like mining and they`ll get tons of dias, some ppl dont like mining are merchants and will try to earn money by buy&selling,(There are even more playstyles but im lazy to put dem all), da fact is, both dia and emmie most be in economy, and i think this new corp trade fer emmies is realy bad.
    we got workers and merchants, workers stockpile dias, merchants only accept dias and stockpile dem too, and everyone will earn his emmies fer traiding with villagers through farming.
    you shouldnt be able to *farm* money if we count emmie as money, i think dere shouldnt be a way to farm them, (Expect dia dat you`ll find when mining), like before reset, ppl could trade with both dias and emmies, those ppl who were miners and nolifer workers, could pay in dias, and those who dont have DAT much time to play or mining is a pain fer dem could trade with emmies, also it would make ppl to sell&buy more if we remove those emmie farming styles, so it would be like buy/sell/buy/sell/buy/sell...
    Witch is a healthy economy, also dere should be a emmie to dia trader, so ppl wont have problem fer trading emmies or dias, Shops would accept all of them, also iron trade wos good too, cus it would give worker players some boost, cus probably they wont have da income of merchants only by farming dias.
    So ppl would be inspired to trade more stuff, for example i noticed dat somethings are impossible to find when you are browsing, i saw many ppl dat are lookin fer some specific items and no one would sell them, cus only RIch shops are working atm, and they wont waste their time fer a 1-2 dias or a few emmies, when they sell god-stuff fer a lot of dias.
    this way everyone with any playstyle will come into action, if you look up you`ll see workers are okay with the current economy cus they have tons of dia so they have everything they want, but other players who are not intrested in mining and nolifer farming have problems, also it would make new players more happy, cus they can join da action too without nolifer farming stuff,entire power of da bazzar is in those Big Shops hands, and dat is not good. also i see dat many ppl have problems in trading, they dont have dat much dia to pay the Shops fer stuff, only cus they are not intrested in mining, also making emmie da main currency will damage workers a little, so as i said up dere, both of da thing should be in da economy and dere should be a shop to exchange them, also dat Exchanger villager will be good thing, so everyone will know how many emmies will be how many dias.

This... :/
    This is almost the exact opposite of what is being proposed.
    What is even going on here? Main thing, there cannot and will not be an emmie to dia or dia to emmie or iron trade like before reset. No custom villagers. They caused too many issues in the first place.
    And what do you mean we shouldn't be able to farm emmies? That's a completely vanilla function of minecraft. Trade crops for emmies with villagers. Doesn't matter how much it is used. That's like saying real life farmers shouldn't be paid because they just farm all day. And if we couldn't buy emmies from villagers, then we wouldn't be able to get emmies in the first place. Mining them alone would make them extremely rare and completely useless.
    And what are you defining as a "worker"? That describes everyone in minecraft technically, anyone that "works". And not everbody is okay with the current economy, hence the reason for this thread.
    And there's, again, no need for an exchange villager, especially when your reasoning for it is that you can see the conversion of emmies to dia, like that's a hard set of 2 numbers to remember. When emmies are used more, the conversion will be settled on by the shop owners and customers. They'll establish it when the time comes, not a custom villager.
    No set prices, no admin intervention. Just an equation to accurately translate dia payment into emmie payment. Like just an understood set conversion where everyone knows that in trading, 1 diamond is compared to 20 emmies, or something like that.

16. Worker=nolifer miners and nolifer farmers :D, and money should be earned by trading, buy&sell, surly dere should be a way to farm them, but not as easy as this. well a economy dat is based on players, is mobile, a Shop in da future may entirly change da economy.
    fer now we can see shops make their own farms of emmies, and will trade them with their villagers fer books and items, then they`ll sell it with dia so they exchanged their emmies into dia, dats what is happening atm, and yeah its a little odd, why should you stockpile dias? and not emmies? when emmies can be used better in trading, you can put more accurate prices, i dont understand why shops are doing this, there is no point in it, dont tell me you ran out of dia to make your armor or sword :D, also they are always players dat are willing to pay with dia, i think dat income from those players is enough to always have needed dia, i agree with dennari, dat emmie should be a currency, and i dont think anybody refuse to accept dia too ^^.

17. Just let it be. Make due what you can and get rich over time. The rich get rich in methods and use those same. methods to do the same

18. @Dennari43 This... :/
    This is almost the exact opposite of what is being proposed.
    What is even going on here? Main thing, there cannot and will not be an emmie to dia or dia to emmie or iron trade like before reset. No custom villagers. They caused too many issues in the first place.
    And what do you mean we shouldn't be able to farm emmies? That's a completely vanilla function of minecraft. Trade crops for emmies with villagers. Doesn't matter how much it is used. That's like saying real life farmers shouldn't be paid because they just farm all day. And if we couldn't buy emmies from villagers, then we wouldn't be able to get emmies in the first place. Mining them alone would make them extremely rare and completely useless.
    And what are you defining as a "worker"? That describes everyone in minecraft technically, anyone that "works". And not everbody is okay with the current economy, hence the reason for this thread.
    And there's, again, no need for an exchange villager, especially when your reasoning for it is that you can see the conversion of emmies to dia, like that's a hard set of 2 numbers to remember. When emmies are used more, the conversion will be settled on by the shop owners and customers. They'll establish it when the time comes, not a custom villager.
    No set prices, no admin intervention. Just an equation to accurately translate dia payment into emmie payment. Like just an understood set conversion where everyone knows that in trading, 1 diamond is compared to 20 emmies, or something like that.

just to point it out for non mole people emeralds spawn most commonly in veins of 1 block giving 1 emerald. only found under enchanted forest and extreme hills with a lowwer spawn chance than diamonds

19. sorry strike that only in extreme hills

20. @thegoldsmith just to point it out for non mole people emeralds spawn most commonly in veins of 1 block giving 1 emerald. only found under enchanted forest and extreme hills with a lowwer spawn chance than diamonds

Gives me a sense of location, thanks I'll verify, never knew this gg.

21. Edited 7 years ago by GrinningBobcat

sweet. Thanks @thegoldsmith

or Sign Up to reply!