1. 7 years ago

-image-

Any ideas?

2. Did you run a mod?

3. Nope

4. Edited 7 years ago by Valgys

If it's error code 5 with the launcher, it got corrupted somehow through coding magic. It's a fairly straightforward fix where you have to redownload the launcher.

Copying from the first hit I see on a quick google search: Error Code 5

5. Worked like a charm, thank you!

6. This problem started to happen again, seems like redownloading the launcher was a temporary solution.

7. Edited 7 years ago by NutjobBob

I had this happen to me for while. As a temporary fix you can can go to the file in the error message
    (C:/Program Files (x86)/Minecraft/tmp/tmpLauncher.tmp) and rename the tmpLauncher.tmp to tmpLauncher.exe. Then run it as you would any other program. It'll download the launcher again and then run it. Trouble is that you seem to have to go through this every time.

The only thing I could find that seems to fix it permanently was to uninstall minecraft then download the new launcher from here .

8. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

Uninstalled minecraft and downloaded the test launcher from the link you posted

-image-

Also it moved the tmp and tools folders to the desktop by itself

9. https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/alternative

10. Edited 7 years ago by 2Chill

^ if that doesnt work for you .

i had exact error , what worked for me was using http://launcher.mojang.com/mc/launcher/win/703e21de391ba20ebee6fae3a694d0b7514febb5/MinecraftLauncher.exe
    which was listed in the nativelog.txt with the error . gl

p.s. i would do a full delete then reinstall from this link , or atleast thats the steps i did .
    backup any logs or ss u wanna keep of course first.

11. Edited 7 years ago by Chilled_Chaos

I had this problem. I literally have no idea how I fixed it. I took the "Problem Moving (THIS PART)" and I followed it until i was led to the tmpLaucnher.tmp and I literally just dragged and dropped it onto the minecraft icon. Or minecraft.exe. Because it said that it needed to move the tmp file to minecraft.exe so I guess I thought a bit literally and literally did what it wanted, and, well was shocked that it worked lol. Idk but suprisingly it worked????

or Sign Up to reply!