1. 7 years ago

Now of course we play most of the time on CM but i am sure most of us also have a single player world where we cheat (cough) using creative mode. So in honor of the day, here is a little romantic folly i built on my sp game.-image-

2. Edited 7 years ago by MasaruCyri

Very nice Tez

3. Cile liked this

4. Glad you liked it! :)

Would love to see others cheat/creative builds from your sp of course.

5. wow looks very nice! whats the structure further out?

6. Thats an observatory loosely based on the Ladd Observatory.

7. anyscreenshots ? hehe

8. The original building from which i took inspiration is at this link:
    http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Physics/Ladd/

And a better picture of my model is:
    -image-

9. Any one else done a build from a real building? Perhaps we could see the original and your build?

10. @Tez1010 The original building from which i took inspiration is at this link:
    http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Physics/Ladd/

And a better picture of my model is:
    -image-

I've driven past that observatory many times. Looks good! :)

11. Thank you.

12. If that is an observatory it would be cool if you added like a telescope or something looking out .

13. It has one -its just on the other side. Was toying with using structure blocks to make it move round.

14. Is that my math and physics classroom ? You haven't gave back my book yet with all the op equations

15. I actually hate creative mode just for the sake of creative mode. The game becomes extremely boring. That being said, I have used creative mode in the past for some failed art and animation projects that I never did anything with or took to the next level - mostly because I got bored and moved on to my next thing. Dunno if it's ADD or what, but I have the unfortunate habit of never finishing what I start.

But here are some unfinished clips of what I was doing a couple of years ago in which I used creative mode for props and backgrounds to be green-screened into my animations.

16. This thread is definely ADD if that is what you mean. I put up my offering in the hope of seeing the handiwork of other players on cm.

It was great to see your animations. They look rather fun. Would love to know a bit more about them.

i used to think creative would be boring but there is just so much out there. Qfu showed me an awesome picture of what his team did on creative and with the new structure blocks you can do animations for example.

So please add to this thread your creative handiwork.

17. I think you misunderstand about my animations. I did use creative mode to create the props and backgrounds (the guns and mansion for isntance). I don't have any other creative mode builds apart from these. Sorry if I broke your thread.

18. No you havent broke my thread, not at all. I was trying to encourage others to add to the thread and not in anyway say your entries were not appropriate. Indeed they are just the kind of thing i was hoping people would add! :)

I am interested in how you make the animations. Are they manual drawing, models or computer models. Please tell us a little more about them.

19. @Tez1010 No you havent broke my thread, not at all. I was trying to encourage others to add to the thread and not in anyway say your entries were not appropriate. Indeed they are just the kind of thing i was hoping people would add! :)

I am interested in how you make the animations. Are they manual drawing, models or computer models. Please tell us a little more about them.

I thought maybe I went off-topic :P

The animations I posted were for an idea I had about a let's play series that fused survival gameplay (heavily modded of course) with cinematic cut scenes by way of my animations. I was working on a creative world with most major events staged for later conversion to an adventure/story world. As far as I ever got was some promo gameplay footage and some test animations. Just this small bit was months of work and I eventually burned out on the idea and scrapped it.

How I did the animations was in a program called mine-imator which was designed specifically for minecraft animations. I tried a little with Blender and have done other things with 3d studio max for example, but mine-imator was great for what I was looking to do. It's basically a 3d animation program, pretty straight-forward and not too involved as far as learning to use it.

For the props, I would build what I needed in creative mode, extract it with MC-Edit, and import it into mine-imator to use in my scenes. If you look at the gun for instance in Edward's hand on the ACIV motion wallpaper, you'll see that it is just a build from minecraft that I imported and scaled down.

The character models for the zombies in the zombie head explosion video are actually not from minecraft but unique character rigs I created using photoshop and mine-imator. The guns however in that video are props made with minecraft.

The mansion and gun in the first video are entirely minecraft builds. I built the mansion in creative mode and greenscreened it into the animation. The shadows and lighting are artificial however and were created in Mine-imator to help blend the scene.

I also used Adobe After Effects for a lot of the post processing effects. Lighting, particle effects, muzzle flashes, and so on. The first, third, and fifth video were heavily edited in After Effects.

or Sign Up to reply!