1. 6 years ago

hello,
    yesterday I started having problems with connectiong to every minecraft server.

I haven't had a single problem with my connection since 2016, so I don't know what I should to to be honest.

• basically, when I click on multiplayer, I see every server with no connection
    • after a few seconds all servers go pinging
    • it takes two ice ages to ping a server
    • eventually some servers still have no connection but some others, luckily CM is one of them.
    • craftymynes shows up with two/ one bar/s of connection (which should still be enough to log in)
    • I try to connect to server
    • it takes like a minute to log in
    • it takes more than the paleolithic to download terrain
    • finally i join, but... there is no welcome back message, thats becuase I'm lagging like shit.
    • after a long time I finally see the welcome back HaloNest message, but after that I'm still lagging like shit, the world doesn't load any chunks exept for the one I spawned in, so usually I move around and start floating in the void.
    • I rage quit
    • ima kill somebody
    • many existential questions pop up in my mind: router? wifi? java? myself? god? host? the milky way?

so please, I'm looking forward to hearing from you, actually I hope, I really hope somebody knows how to fix this, because I havent got even a quarter of half an idea on how to solve this

have a nice day!

2. Try deleting all your Minecraft folders and reinstalling? I also heard something about a firewall that could be blocking you from connecting, not sure about that

3. deleting all my minecraft folders?? you mean deleting the

.minecraft

folder?

4. I found this online but im not an expert myself so I cant say for certain it will help...

"That's the problem, it sounds like your ping is dying when you join the server, try joining a much smaller server (like 5 players on it), make sure your ping is under 100 (150-ish is fine) and see if you can play.

Other things that could cause this

Your connection to your router - Try playing on an LAN world hosted on a family member's or friend's computer, if this does not work, you may need to contact you internet provider or router vendor for a replacement router.
    Connection to the Mojang servers (used for authentication with online-mode servers, this usually gives a different error if it is offline though)
    Connection to the game server (ping)
    Connection from your router to the server, your router might not like you playing on server or might block the ports the game uses to connect
    Your minecraft might not be "set up" correctly, like the jvm arguments, try reinstalling minecraft (highly unlikely, but still possible, make sure to back up your saves/configs/anything else you want to keep)
    That evil thing called a Firewall, try whitelisting Minecraft in it"

5. I had an issue very similar to this in the past. My connection wasn't reaching certain servers (such as this one) Try using a VPN, that worked for me until my wifi fixed itself.

6. thanks to @BluePlauge @_Confederacy_ and @just_a_penguin
    for rushing to help, I'm really glad you took my problem in consideration, I'll try to follow all your tips

7. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  8. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

thanks so much jkeller for helpibsng, right now I can tell you my internet stats:

ping 83 ms download time 0.26 mpbs upload time 0.32 mp

im not an expert but I'm assuming those are really shitty stats

@JKELLER4000

also doing alt+ctrl+del I can see my network is 0% being used

9. The ping is fine but the download speed is absolutely terrible. Barely usable, it's possible you have exceeded the data limit on your broadband plan and they have limited you? Try getting stats on another device to check if it's the actual Internet or your PC.

10. Thanks R4, Will do on the spot

11. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  12. Okk

13. Deleted 6 years ago by Compos
  14. Already installed

15. Try deleting old files to free up your PC storage

16. @HaloNest thanks so much jkeller for helpibsng, right now I can tell you my internet stats:

ping 83 ms download time 0.26 mpbs upload time 0.32 mp

im not an expert but I'm assuming those are really shitty stats

@JKELLER4000

also doing alt+ctrl+del I can see my network is 0% being used

Quality of connection seems good, but your bandwidth took a nosedive. I'd put money on a competing device in your house, or software recently installed on your machine (with or without your permission) taking up your speed. Also check into R4's suggestion. Your provider may have clamped down on your speed.

Try turning off all other devices in house and try again. Try another online game to see if the issue persists across games. Lastly, if you're doing Wifi, try a direct cable to your modem and see if that changes anything.

There's a ton of possibilities what it could be ranging from hardware, software, or IP issues. Malware, other competing devices, Your IP throttling back the bandwidth, or even the modem failing. Maybe if you remember the last Time having a good connection you may be able to track the culprit that way.

or Sign Up to reply!