Builders League United

1. 5 years ago

Hey everyone. I've been on and off this server for some time now, had experience with all sorts of people and generally found that this game is most enjoyable when others work together to create townships, cities, or just big ol' mega structures.

Solo building is one of the most tiresome things I've done in life. Sure, at the end you have some accomplishment I guess, but its nothing like the experience you have when you log into a group build area, see everyones progress and continually experience a small plot of land turn into a large township.

I've experienced this before, and I want too again with others! So instead of randomly inviting those I trust and then waiting for existing members to cast their vote when we finally meet online together, I figured why not make a forum post to encourage like-minded players to join us. Below you can find my standard application I ask everyone who joins us. Filling out this application doesn't mean an instant join or guarantee to join, but it does give you the chance to. We're very picky on who we invite, and we like to be thorough since, being mainly a build group, in-group griefing and raiding is our main concern.

BLU Application
    All questions have no wrong answers. We use these purely to get a feel for your character from these questions. Further investigation is done outside of the application process to solidify any views we get from your answers. Explaining your answer is great too!

Question 1:What are your thoughts on raiding and griefing? Do you know the difference? Do you engage in either? Remember, no wrong answers!

Question 2: Did you have previous buildmates before on this server? On others? Why are you not with them anymore? This questions primary purpose to find out if any baggage is being brought with you, such as drama or additional teammate possibilities. We like to have you on as clean a slate as possible!

Question 3: PVP. Do you like it, are you good at it, and do you seek it out frequently?

Question 4: Can you agree to a few sets of rules?
    1: This is a team based town, so chests are shared unless marked otherwise. Can you work with that?
    2: Builds should be no closer than 5 blocks from one another to ensure build quality and pathway viability. This more or less has kept issues between builders to a minimum, especially those who mark out their zones before hand. Can you agree to this?
    3: Builds are not just creative end results, they are also a time sink and one of the reason griefing hits us hard. You're not just destroying a completed vision of someones, you're destroying spent time, something they ultimately can't get back. For this reason, builds are not to be modified unless agreed upon by the player who built it, or by group consensus. Even if agreed to by the group majority, signs should be posted with a 7 day warning to the player to come in contact with us, or we'll modify/remove as needed (resources to be stored as private when removing/modifying for the player if they ever return). Contact can be achieved by either Discord, Forum, or Offline Message Board at the group community build site.
    4: This base is nearby another build site, also community based (to be announced when you're accepted) and we expect you to extend the same courtesy to them as you would the group.
    5: We get it, you have friends you want to come see your awesome build. You have friends you want to come join! We'd love them to do both, but we unfortunately are a community build area, and one bad apple is all it takes to make tens of hundreds of hours suddenly vanish. So run em by us first, or better yet have them do this application on the forum! With you as a referral and good history with the group, you might just get them a quicker acceptance into the group. You never know.
    Can you agree to all of these?

As an unofficial note, you are not required to make this area your home. If you want to keep the private build materials and items you don't want others using at a separate base location, we more than encourage you to! Every good builder knows to have a Plan B!

Current Members:
    Silverhawk2002
    WylieGuy
    Yoman100300
    MadMadMartin

BLU looks forward to your potential joining in our building faction, and we hope you have a wonderful time!

2. #1 Raiding is stealing supplies from a person's base without harming their build, griefing is destroying someones base or build. I have previously engaged in both but have since stopped

#2 Yes, I ran my own raiding/griefing faction known as Red Army. There was a schism in my faction that resulted in the creation of Team Eye. After that I join with another faction: Strangers&Co. but lost ties to them due to inactivity.

#3 I don't care for PVP, and I'm not great at it.

#4 Yes, I agree on all fronts.

When do I join?

3. Edited 5 years ago by sknup

Build alone claim all the glory. Help is nice but to often they work at cross purposes then you arent building any more you are busy fixing their mistakes.

4. Hello, I'm 3ddy.

1. Raiding and griefing is a part of this server, of course, but i would never raid or grief an ally or a friend. Raiding is when you take items and loot a base or build for material gain. Griefing is when you destroy a place for the sole purpose of destroying it. I have been part of some raids with my faction, SC, but that has been on enemy factions and members of those factions. (I'm talking about factions like team eye. SC does not have many enemies).

2. As I've mentioned, I am a member of Strangers Company, which was once the biggest faction on the server. (I'm in the council/leadership in the faction, but that doesn't really matter now) In case you haven't heard of us, we're a faction centered on building.

3. I like doing PvP a bit, but i haven't really on CM. If i want to PvP, i log on to a PvP server. I would say i'm decent.

4. This seems like an excellent set of rules.

5. I belong to a building guild group and we already do all that you listed except no non members to our base.

6. @humfrydog I belong to a building guild group and we already do all that you listed except no non members to our base.

There can be more than one ^^' It's not a competition, it's just another group. We're playing a building block game, after all.

7. Edited 5 years ago by Sofatroll

@3ddy 2. As I've mentioned, I am a member of Strangers Company, which was once the biggest faction on the server. (I'm in the council/leadership in the faction, but that doesn't really matter now) In case you haven't heard of us, we're a faction centered on building.

nice advertising right there
    -image-

8. @sovietsuperman #1 Raiding is stealing supplies from a person's base without harming their build, griefing is destroying someones base or build. I have previously engaged in both but have since stopped

#2 Yes, I ran my own raiding/griefing faction known as Red Army. There was a schism in my faction that resulted in the creation of Team Eye. After that I join with another faction: Strangers&Co. but lost ties to them due to inactivity.

#3 I don't care for PVP, and I'm not great at it.

#4 Yes, I agree on all fronts.

When do I join?

Due to a particular alliance offer and your posted history, I'll need to put this particular request on hold for the time being. Be aware this isn't a no, I merely need to do a bit more research on this than most people thanks to previous ties. I'll get in contact with you in-game or via this forum post once I've got a better idea of how to approach this.

Thank you for your patience on the matter!

9. @3ddy Hello, I'm 3ddy.

1. Raiding and griefing is a part of this server, of course, but i would never raid or grief an ally or a friend. Raiding is when you take items and loot a base or build for material gain. Griefing is when you destroy a place for the sole purpose of destroying it. I have been part of some raids with my faction, SC, but that has been on enemy factions and members of those factions. (I'm talking about factions like team eye. SC does not have many enemies).

2. As I've mentioned, I am a member of Strangers Company, which was once the biggest faction on the server. (I'm in the council/leadership in the faction, but that doesn't really matter now) In case you haven't heard of us, we're a faction centered on building.

3. I like doing PvP a bit, but i haven't really on CM. If i want to PvP, i log on to a PvP server. I would say i'm decent.

4. This seems like an excellent set of rules.

Due to current affiliations with an active(?) group, I'm afraid I'll have to decline your request. Having people with multi-faction affiliations results in conflicting interests at some point or another.

or Sign Up to reply!