1. 3 years ago

Hello, everyone, I believe that there should be way where players can privately tp to one another. I know that right now you can do /trigger tplist. But this is very cumbersome for the fact that sometimes you can accidentally click the wrong person. But I believe that if a new trigger command were implemented it would solve this problem with ease. Possibly a command as such /trigger tp username.

2. https://forum.craftymynes.com/playerpanel

3. its says I have to verify my account

4. follow the instructions it gives you

5. @deyahruhd https://forum.craftymynes.com/playerpanel

That got removed from there...

Heres the thing, only numbers can be used for /trigger. For technical reasons, player ID's are negative numbers so it's not very intuitive if I made the numbers visible so players could manually type them in.

I am not sure the best way to approach it.

6. Since I assume the forum/panel server is logically separated from the minecraft server, couldn't you just generate a map from player names to IDs and then go from name->ID->trigger command? Or are the player IDs purely a technical detail, only within the minecraft server itself, and nothing outside of it can really probe them?

7. @deyahruhd Since I assume the forum/panel server is logically separated from the minecraft server, couldn't you just generate a map from player names to IDs and then go from name->ID->trigger command? Or are the player IDs purely a technical detail, only within the minecraft server itself, and nothing outside of it can really probe them?

I can't use names in trigger commands, all ids are stored in the panel and have nothing to do with the server. I realized that the only reason I used negative IDs was because "/trigger tp" would always select the player with ID 1, if I just don't give anyone ID 1 then it won't matter and I can just add the IDs to the list and you can run "/trigger tp <ID>".

The other issue is that ID's change when the server restarts or the panel is updated so you should always check the list before running the trigger. Not having the IDs public ensured that no one would enter an ID that has changed hands.

8. This has been rectified by adding ID's for each player. Side note, if you send the request to the wrong person, it tells you their name and you can just move to cancel it.

9. So is the persons id always the same or does it change depending on server traffic

10. Edited 3 years ago by Nysic

@Louis_Vuitton8 So is the persons id always the same or does it change depending on server traffic

@CraftyMyner The other issue is that ID's change when the server restarts or the panel is updated so you should always check the list before running the trigger. Not having the IDs public ensured that no one would enter an ID that has changed hands.

11. @Louis_Vuitton8 So is the persons id always the same or does it change depending on server traffic

They get reset every restart or when the panel updates, it would be kinda annoying to have to type an ID like 53025 every time. It also stems from the old system we had that used command blocks, we didn't make the IDs sequential as it could be used to triangulate players based on their ID.

12. @CraftyMyner They get reset every restart or when the panel updates, it would be kinda annoying to have to type an ID like 53025 every time. It also stems from the old system we had that used command blocks, we didn't make the IDs sequential as it could be used to triangulate players based on their ID.

I understand perfectly now

or Sign Up to reply!