1. 7 years ago

Seeing how many people participate in Jamlbon's story , i was getting curious...

How many Myners have written their story?

It doesn't matter the reason, It could've been for a school project, or because you felt like it.
    It doesn't matter the length, be it a page, or an entire series of books .

If you've never tried writing a story or the sake o writing, i challenge you to. Writing a story for a school project it good practice and all, but can be tiresome and painful. When you rite a story because you want to, writing takes on an entirety new form. You can ind yourself immersed within the story, losing track of time, and sometimes for connections to the characters.

If you have, post a link to it. Reading stories written by ones you know can shine a light on them you never saw before, and having actual feedback is a crucial part of writing. But remember, critiquing is more than just "i didn't like it." You have to have a reason, give a possible solution to the problem, create a conversation.

Maybe this is a bit too hopeful, but having a safe place for both new and old writers is something i believe CraftyMynes can be

2. Edited 7 years ago by argonFiles

I once tried to write a book, it didn't work.. it was about a corporation enslaving everyone on some planet

3. Edited 7 years ago by _Ami_13_

I am actually currently writing a story (sorta a fan-fic based around a game I play) it's no where near finished but I might post my current progress haha.

Well here it it for any that want to read I guess.
    BF Story
    I apologise for the ungodly amount of grammatical errors that there probably is.

4. if you do, i'll post one of my stories

5. I was writing a book, I didn't get anywhere with it though.

6. I've written a few books on the server if that counts :P

7. i wrote a 32 page book +cover and salutation pages back on legacy. It covered "The Builder's Code" and was written in a cryptic manner in which each clause o the book had multiple hidden meanings, including messages with the first letter in each line.

Totally spent a couple o weeks getting it right

8. @Venetorem i wrote a 32 page book +cover and salutation pages back on legacy. It covered "The Builder's Code" and was written in a cryptic manner in which each clause o the book had multiple hidden meanings, including messages with the first letter in each line.

Totally spent a couple o weeks getting it right

Post it!!

9. Wish i could, but my base was reset a while ago, and with it, the book

10. @Venetorem Wish i could, but my base was reset a while ago, and with it, the book

:( rip

11. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

oh, didn't see your edit @jamlbon
    here's the start of my first one

I originally started writing it as a script or a graphic novel, but never got to that point

As for my other story i'm currently working on, this on is written to be read as a regular book, so it's written in a more descriptive mannor

12. They were really good @Venetorem enjoyed reading them :)

13. Thanks, i enjoyed yours too.

You managed to read all that already? GG

14. Thanks haha will probably repost when I actually finish it I'm about 2/3 in I think

15. @argonFiles I once tried to write a book, it didn't work.. it was about a corporation enslaving everyone on some planet

sounds a lot like battlefield earth, the book is much much better than the movie

16. @ardoasms sounds a lot like battlefield earth, the book is much much better than the movie

I've read the book, pretty good even with the guy who wrote it xD

17. Well I think the is the same link but reposting cos i finished my story haha. (Should say thanks to Vene to making this post which got me back into writing haha)

BF Story

18. X3 i could say the same or reminding me of the game

19. [deleted]

11 Jul 2016
    Deleted 3 years ago by CraftyMyner
  20. Edited 7 years ago by TheForgotten20

@_UNDRSCRE_ I wrote an 14-page short story adaptation of the first fallout game. it was pretty darn fun. I've been thinking of expanding it as it was an absolute joy to write. it was a bit crummy, as I wrote it all in one go, so I will probably revise it one of these days. Maybe even make another one for fallout 2.

Here it is, please keep in mind that English isn't my first language and I never did really edit it so no hate pls!
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/18EQryijBbj_0XJV_2PkTepRXU5B1pARgv9adJC0dfe8/edit?usp=sharing

(please keep in mind this was supposed to be an extended edition of the vault dweller's memoirs, so many strings of dialogue and excerpts from the memoirs were used!)

@_UNDRSCRE_ I wrote an 14-page short story adaptation of the first fallout game. it was pretty darn fun. I've been thinking of expanding it as it was an absolute joy to write. it was a bit crummy, as I wrote it all in one go, so I will probably revise it one of these days. Maybe even make another one for fallout 2.

Here it is, please keep in mind that English isn't my first language and I never did really edit it so no hate pls!
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/18EQryijBbj_0XJV_2PkTepRXU5B1pARgv9adJC0dfe8/edit?usp=sharing

(please keep in mind this was supposed to be an extended edition of the vault dweller's memoirs, so many strings of dialogue and excerpts from the memoirs were used!)

the story is great but you need to "show not tell"

e.g. your saying things like i live in vault 13 with rats instead of something like the place stunk of rat poo.............................in order to protect the place from the danerous gamma rays even the fingers of light were not allowed to reach us..............This is the filth we live in, this is vault 13. (each .............means use at another location, these are just other examples) but fretty good for an english second langauge

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!