1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by The3xpertGamer

In the trading post, it would be nice to be able to trade XP. It is possible that players would store their XP using alts, but this could be minimized by also adding an XP bank using scoreboards. But this could make it a little too easy for players, so maybe to fix that make it cost maybe 5 credits for every use of the bank. This will make players want to use it as little as possible to save credits. Thanks for reading this through. Also, please make it so that when someone asks the server "Credits?" it adds an S after the "[insert name here] has x CraftyCredit!" if the amount of credits they have is greater than 1. Or just add an S at the end no matter what, because it is not very common for someone to only have 1 credit.

2. Though 5 credits might be a little too much.

3. @The3xpertGamer In the trading post, it would be nice to be able to trade XP. It is possible that players would store their XP using alts, but this could be minimized by also adding an XP bank using scoreboards. But this could make it a little too easy for players, so maybe to fix that make it cost maybe 5 credits for every use of the bank. This will make players want to use it as little as possible to save credits. Thanks for reading this through. Also, please make it so that when someone asks the server "Credits?" it adds an S after the "[insert name here] has x CraftyCredit!" if the amount of credits they have is greater than 1. Or just add an S at the end no matter what, because it is not very common for someone to only have 1 credit.

The thing with xp banks and transfering xp is that it is harder to get from, let's say, lvl 29 - lvl 30 than lvl 1 - lvl 2 , so you can get 1 lvl on an alt, transfer it, get another lvl, transferit and so on.
    To fix that you'd need a waaaay harder system to make.

4. @The3xpertGamer In the trading post, it would be nice to be able to trade XP. It is possible that players would store their XP using alts, but this could be minimized by also adding an XP bank using scoreboards. But this could make it a little too easy for players, so maybe to fix that make it cost maybe 5 credits for every use of the bank. This will make players want to use it as little as possible to save credits. Thanks for reading this through. Also, please make it so that when someone asks the server "Credits?" it adds an S after the "[insert name here] has x CraftyCredit!" if the amount of credits they have is greater than 1. Or just add an S at the end no matter what, because it is not very common for someone to only have 1 credit.

It's not that easy for the AI to know the context of how many votes a player has as there are many different systems at play. Credit can both be used for singular and plural. Kinda like you don't ask what your credits score is when you are checking your credit report.

5. @Jordi223b The thing with xp banks and transfering xp is that it is harder to get from, let's say, lvl 29 - lvl 30 than lvl 1 - lvl 2 , so you can get 1 lvl on an alt, transfer it, get another lvl, transferit and so on.
    To fix that you'd need a waaaay harder system to make.

This is very true, because you can't take xp from a player you are forced to take levels. Trading levels 1 for 1 is just too op, you could just get to 15 levels and transfer them out to an alt to stack a ton of levels. A long time ago I came up with a system that approximated the exchange rate between levels and xp with a bias towards loss of xp. The cost to keep your levels safe was too lose a bit in the exchange. I don't think it's worth the effort.

6. I've seen xp banking implemented on another vanilla server. You could stand on top of any enderchest and it would drain your xp incrementally. Then if you stood under an enderchest it would fill you back up with xp. I haven't seen player to player transfers implemented on vanilla. There was a thread a long time ago about xp bottling, which could be one way to trade xp.

I wouldn't be surprised if Crafty comes up with some sort of xp banking or bottling system some day, but I totally agree that the engineering difficulty seams high and the roi relatively low.

7. or you could implement the xp orb count to level into it so it acts like a player only transfering xp in and out,.. ie it takes 16 orbs (or so) for levels 1-16, then more orbs every level higher, which means that abusing it with one level in at a time would be a waste of credits (implying you make it cost credits).

8. because lvl 1 being put into it will not give the same results if you are at a higher level than 16 or so, only putting the level counter a little higher

9. The way I had it setup before was kinda like that, it was made to ruffly calculate the xp a player had, it wasn't perfect so you were likely to lose a few xp orbs per transaction. That was just a cost of use.

10. Other issue I see with this is you don't risk your xp anymore. This is obiously good for players, but it takes from the vanilla experience, normally, levels are something you have to care about, like "I won't battle because I have 80 levels" or something similar are things you often hear players say, and with an xp bank you only risk the stuff you have on your inv. If you transfer xp to an alt it could work as a bank too.

Although I'm somebody that'd like to see this added in the game, I'd like to point that out before this is added so people are more conciouss on how it may be , and the admins have a better idea on how to make an regulate it.

11. @Jordi223b Other issue I see with this is you don't risk your xp anymore. This is obiously good for players, but it takes from the vanilla experience, normally, levels are something you have to care about, like "I won't battle because I have 80 levels" or something similar are things you often hear players say, and with an xp bank you only risk the stuff you have on your inv. If you transfer xp to an alt it could work as a bank too.

Although I'm somebody that'd like to see this added in the game, I'd like to point that out before this is added so people are more conciouss on how it may be , and the admins have a better idea on how to make an regulate it.

That's why I removed the old one, players would just stockpile their XP in the bank and only take it out when they need it. It made XP useless cause they could just AFK farm for a long time and never have to worry about XP again.

12. Edited 6 years ago by 1Lysander

but if they took out the levels only and had to actually put in the exp to earn the bank levels, and had to less than the amount of levels in the bank to withdraw levels would these not counterbalance each other making it not necessarily worth it to just mass stockpile as much?

13. I'm not really sure what you are saying but it would be rather OP if you could just spend a couple of hours in an end grinder and then stock all the XP up and never farm again.
    It's taking away a core part of the minecraft process no matter how it's implemented, levels or XP.

14. Edited 6 years ago by 1Lysander

no, if you took out the levels from the bank and not the orbs that you put in to get to that the you would have a lot less of an OP factor to it. lets say you saved until 150 levels (I've been at that level it gets crazy to earn more levels from then on) and put them in the bank, it takes until about 100 levels more to increase from level 150 to level 151,.. and taking 1 level out of the bank while the bank has 150 levels stored in it would only give you one level not the way OP approximate 100 levels...

and on the at least as many as in the bank i meant that you can not put one level into it and then while at level 29 take that level out to give yourself the 30th level because that would otherwise cause an exploit that will give you an infinite amount of exp points...

taking levels only out rather than the exp orbs put into also discourages people from dumping a lot of levels into there banks just simply to keep for later cause they would respectively lose a lot of levels in the process of moving a single forward in there banks.

15. Edited 6 years ago by 1Lysander

in essence keep the fact that you would have the bank scaled like it was a players exp levels,.. but only take the levels out of the bank rather than just simply the orbs that you put into it to make it get to that level.

16. Why though?
    What benefit does storing my levels achieve, all I see it is as a way to further make the game easier and take away from the whole survival aspect of survival.

People are still going to be dump vast amounts of XP into the bank and just not grind again. Getting to level 100 with an end grinder isn't very hard and if someone does that they can enchant at max level over about 70 times just from the bank and take none of the risk of carrying the XP.

17. I was saying that storing xp is op, storing levels would be many times more op.

18. Edited 6 years ago by 1Lysander

someone could also just use those levels right away,...

yes i guess it would make the game a little easier to play implying not having to grind for those levels over again no matter what EVERY time they die, or use all there levels, but then again people with alts could just post their alts in there grinders and leave them there to collect the exp orbs and use just the levels from there alts to enchant items, not giving them the face of reality of possibly losing their levels

also you wouldn't necessarily store the levels, only pull out the levels,...you'd be storing the exp orbs as the bank is scaled like a players levels, and would take only the highest levels out of the bank at each use

so idk how storing the levels is so much more op implying what i said earlier, "taking 1 level out of the bank while the bank has 150 levels stored in it would only give you 1 level not the way OP approximate 100 levels" (that taking out the orbs of the 150th level would give you),and that you would have to spend the amount of orbs as it would take to get from level 149-150 to store that level, and that you would have to have at least as many levels on you as in the bank would take away from the bank, so just using the 1st level without having the first 30 levels to instantly skip from level 29 to 30 wouldn't be possible, however if you had 30 saved up in the bank then you could take the 30th level, reducing your bank balance to 29 levels, and use it but then would have to stash more credits and levels into the bank to use it again for the purpose of going from level 29-30 instantly again because they would need to have to store their 30th level again and then pull that same level out again. also saving up to an insane amount of levels would just be a waste implying that you would have wasted about a ton of possible levels that could have been used storing up from levels 120-130 (if you were to use them right away you would be able to get from level 27-30 at least 40 times over, but would only gain 3 more books to enchant by taking out at the mass of 130 levels. Being at higher levels to enchant also gives no real advantage either)

you would still have had to use the same amount of exp orbs as it would have taken to get to level thirty in the bank and it is truly more efficient to just simply use the levels when you hit 30 rather than save up, cause the higher level you become the more orbs you are wasting to get from, lets say, level 70-71.

if you would make people vote to use it (spend 5 crafty credit) then it would also limit peoples use of it but give them another reason to give this server votes. people would limit there use of it but it would help new-ish players, or just bad survivors, or players who don't have grinders, to be able to enchant a few items on their own before they would acquire a grinder.

-excuse me not writing more or in any more detail right now, i got to go and am not going to be able to revise this until a later point in time today

19. @1Lysander Don't take this the wrong way, but your posts are rather confusing and it took me a while to understand what you're trying to say. I don't think Crafty and Ven have quite understood you either so I'm going to attempt to explain what you're suggesting a bit clearer.

In a nutshell, make the xp bank work the same way as the players level bar.
    When a player wants to store xp calculate the approx. number of experience points they have and add it to the number in the bank.
    E.g. Player has 7 levels, 7 levels = 91 xp
    Bank has 10 levels, 10 levels = 160 xp
    New balance = 91+160 = 251 = 13 levels (round down)

When a player wants to take xp out do it as levels.
    E.g. Player has 0 levels, bank has 13 levels
    Player takes out 7 levels
    Player then has 7 levels, bank has 13-7 = 6 levels

This avoids the two apparent problems with just using exp or levels that other people have pointed out above. Namely:
    If only using levels; Players can repeatedly bank low numbers of levels, which require very little xp. Letting them accumulate very high numbers of levels much faster, and by collecting much less xp, than would normally be possible.
    If only using xp; Players can bank very large amounts of xp and use that to repeatedly gain low levels (i.e. go from level 27-30). Although this is less problematic in my opinion because it's no different to using an xp farm until you hit level 30, enchanting, and then repeating.

Unfortunately the method @1Lysander suggested still has issues. With a bank like that you could essentially farm xp from it by storing small amounts of xp and taking it out out again while you are at a much higher level.
    E.g. You bank 27 xp = 3 levels
    Level up to 27, you can then use the 3 levels to go from 27-30. That would normally cost 310 xp, but you just did it for 27!
    Rinse and repeat

Obviously you could work around this either by forcing players to bank all their xp before taking any levels out, or by preventing people from taking out levels if they have more levels than are in the bank but by this point no-one is actually reading this god-awful absurdly long post anyway it's probably more trouble than it's worth to implement.

K, bye

20. i read it

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!