Generation Issues - Mansion Maps/Chunks

1. 6 years ago

So, some strange stuff is going on- I got a new woodland mansion map from a new cartographer in a new chunk- I got it and after some walking around, It was within the 100k range and thus- was more than likely a unraided mansion, after much traveling, I got to the supposed mansion but the problem was... there wasn't a mansion. seriously. Not griefed or raided, just normal terrain- though the village on the map was accurate. Moderately sized, but only one villager- Take a look. Apparently other plays been having similar issues.

Image 1 -image-

Image 2 -image-

Image 3 -image-

Image 4 -image-

2. I'm guessing what happened is the mansion had already been raided and therefore due to not being visited in 60 days was reset in the partial reset.

3. It must have been removed in the reset, I would have expected it to have re-appeared in the new terrain but there must be some differences between 1.11 and 1.12 or it knows that it had created that mansion before in other files and didn't generate it again.

4. Would the same thing happen with normal villages I took my villagers from?

For them to completely dissapear out of existence of Minecraft?

They haven't been visited for the past 60 days.

5. @iDogeTwinkie Would the same thing happen with normal villages I took my villagers from?

For them to completely dissapear out of existence of Minecraft?

They haven't been visited for the past 60 days.

Yes.

6. Well shit, that ain't no fun.

7. Actually, the same stuff has happened to me again today. I got another mansion map that was within 100k, Got there- As worryingly expected- The mansion wasn't there again. Another NPC village was close by- perfectly normal, except this time it was stranger than the last village. There wasn't even a single village this time and the blacksmith chest was missing- I don't think it was raided, no, but I think what's considered an ''enitity'' didn't spawn.

Honestly, I feel like this is more than a reset issue- I feel like this is just affecting general generation tbh

8. Apparently woodland mansions can fail to generate, and explorer maps will lead you to where they should be but aren't (bug report here ). The same bug report also mentions that only half the mansion generates sometimes which I've heard of happening on the server before (there's a post about it somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it).

Its possible that's what happened here - should be fairly easy for @CraftyMyner to check if it is that or is actually something else just by loading up the world seed in creative and checking at the coords (you'd have to give him the coords though :P)

For the village, it sounds like it was just raided. Especially if it was close to where a woodland explorer map leads. Killing the villagers and breaking the blacksmith chest is exactly what most people would do.

9. Nah- This map was from a brand new villager that hasn't been traded with- So the map was brand new and refreshed, something similar happened to my first map with this issue with only one villager being spawned in within village of the apparent mansion. Keep in mind these are fresh new maps from villagers that never been traded with before.

or Sign Up to reply!