Is 1.13 Going to be a Reset?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

@HaloNest That's another option.

They do now, what if they get corroupted or changed in any way?
    Happened in the past to some custom maps, nothing sure, but take it in consideration

they could just send over the region files of the cmb room into the world? 10x easier

3. @Jams__ they could just send over the region files of the cmb room into the world? 10x easier

And what would change?

4. @HaloNest And what would change?

Basically, They should update command blocks on a different server in the same chunks as the command block room and then copy the region files over to the real server.

5. Still there would be some downtime
    + corrouption

6. Edited 6 years ago by CraftyMyner

There isn't any major command blocks anymore, there is just functions and a few cod blocks for teleporting and stuff. The system could technically be updated and then just the functions files would need to be moved over on update.

7. The good thing about having a good server panel

8. @HaloNest The good thing about having a good server panel

You don't even need a serverpanel to do what crafty just said.
    You really just need SFTP or SSH access to the System.

9. Edited 6 years ago by HaloNest

@Jams__ access to the System.

Well, fuck the system young man

Also why you use such complicate abbreviations like SFTP SSH CMB, man I speak 7 languages but I cant understand ya, don't need such a code language you ain't a russian spy like vene

And server files lay ar the bottom of the server panel, and you go nowhere without em

10. @HaloNest Well, fuck the system young man

Also why you use such complicate abbreviations like SFTP SSH CMB, man I speak 7 languages but I cant understand ya, don't need such a code language you ain't a russian spy like vene

And server files lay ar the bottom of the server panel, and you go nowhere without em

SFTP = Basically SSH with an interface
    SSH = Remote access to the server
    CMB = Command Block

Andd... The panel wraps the server, but the server still runs whether or not the panel is working. The panel just sends a command that starts the .jar.

11. The server doesn't work without the panel really.
    It would start but a significant part of the functionality such as voting would not work without its input.

12. @R4iscool1 The server doesn't work without the panel really.
    It would start but a significant part of the functionality such as voting would not work without its input.

Voting, restarts, server ai, links, donations, chat filter, lottery, backups, head drops, auto whitelist, crash recovery, staff, ranks, scheduler, status page, crates, and a lot more are all managed by my panel.

Running the server without the panel would be like running a car without a driver. It might go straight for a while but it will soon drive off a cliff and crash.

13. @CraftyMyner Voting, restarts, server ai, links, donations, chat filter, lottery, backups, head drops, auto whitelist, crash recovery, staff, ranks, scheduler, status page, crates, and a lot more are all managed by my panel.

Running the server without the panel would be like running a car without a driver. It might go straight for a while but it will soon drive off a cliff and crash.

True True. I was just pointing out that the server can run without the panel and that for what you said in your previous post was something you could do without the server panel.

14. maybe reset all the progress and the map but find a way to keep the scoreboard data such as votes and ticks

or Sign Up to reply!