The Grand Odyssey

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

-image-

A giant gap expands from the border into the world...

-image-

Nature just blows my mind, even in Minecraft. I could spend ages gazing at the trees.

-image-
    -image-

A quaint village is set up close to the border. It's environment is unusual - mushrooms and trees and a nice little pond.

-image-

Thus marks the 50k point, leaving me with 750k blocks yet to travel. I am 1/16th of the way around the world.

3. Nerdie beware. People can now wait out at the border waiting for you to come by so they can kill you now that you gave coords.

4. @MistakeMade Nerdie beware. People can now wait out at the border waiting for you to come by so they can kill you now that you gave coords.

I've already moved from the spot, which is why I posted them. I have a warp there anyway, I'm not always at that location when I'm on.

5. @NerdieBirdieYT yes but if you're heading east like it shows in f3 people can set a warp ahead of those coords to tp there when you're online waiting for you to pass by.

6. let me know if you see my house at the border

7. -image-

Some crazy terrain generation happened here. The outside was neat as well, but harder to get a good image of. This part is basically an overhang, NOT a cave mouth. It looks incredible, and there were some weird (but likely natural) floating clumps of blocks outside.

8. -image-

An oddly-rounded "cave".

-image-

A ravine trailing straight from the border.

-image-

A village lost behind the border... I bet the villagers have epic trades. Not that any villagers are alive out there, but hey, one can hope.

9. -image-
    -image-
    -image-

RIGHT AFTER I made the last post I FOUND THIS GUY.

10. @NerdieBirdieYT -image-

An oddly-rounded "cave".

-image-

A ravine trailing straight from the border.

-image-

A village lost behind the border... I bet the villagers have epic trades. Not that any villagers are alive out there, but hey, one can hope.

Some caves can be very round, once I found one that could potentially be a base in the future due to its oddly round shape

11. @Retrochewy Some caves can be very round, once I found one that could potentially be a base in the future due to its oddly round shape

Always cool to see natural generation generate the unnatural. :P

12. -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    "The View from 0". Finally 1/8th of the way there!

13. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

-image-
    -image-
    Split in half by the border, a temple lies beneath the waves.

14. Edited 6 years ago by NerdieBirdieYT

-image-
    No shaders (shows border)

-image-
    Shaders (no border)

-image-
    -image-

Using the f3 GUI, I was able to find a mineshaft underneath me (feeling like an x-rayer as I mined down to it). It was right next to the border, and even crossed through a ravine. A tip for fellow explorers - use your entity count! It can be found near the top left of your f3 menu, after "E:". If the second number is above 45 or so, there is likely some structure loaded! Just be careful that you aren't next to a bunch of animals (especially chickens), dropped items, or other entities.

I am less than 10k away from hitting x = +50k , meaning I am nearly 75% of the way done with the Southern Border of CraftyMynes.

or Sign Up to reply!