Community VIP Gifting System Idea

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

I think basing it on top voters would be good. It would encourage more voting which helps both the server and playerbase out. Plus it's imo a better reflection of the players that really care about the server and are dedicated to it, whereas a popularity vote based on player/staff opinion is biased to mostly the talkative players, excluding anyone who doesn't talk very much, but still loves the server. Default should be the only ones considered, except maybe for the case no default is high enough in voting to really seem to qualify, then maybe consider vips, but I'd say only in that case.

3. How about each staff member (or maybe just admins) nominates a defult player, and then we have a poll?

4. Or people that donate nominate?

5. I like that idea Tez1010

6. @Tez1010 Or people that donate nominate?

While I really like the idea, here are the issues I see with this. If it was one nomination per donation, then someone could just donate 100 of 1 cent donations and get 100 nominations for his own or his alt account. If we set a minimum donation price, someone could just a bunch of time and get VIP like 1/2 off. We could also do a weighted system but that would also cause issues if someone just donated 50% to force everyone else to buy his VIP at half off. We would also need to handle ties between players.

I think votes is the best way as it allows players who may not have the money to get VIP by showing their dedication in other ways.

7. I nominate @fieryphoenix64

8. @Billyabob I nominate @fieryphoenix64

Please have a look at https://forum.craftymynes.com/8451-community-piggy-bank

or Sign Up to reply!