Community VIP Gifting System Idea

1. ‹ Older
  2. 5 years ago

I say the nominees should be people who are on quite often and interact with the server. But definitely have a poll of who would get it. I say people who are on quite often cause u don't wanna waste VIP on someone who is gonna leave the server or not play.

3. @BlueAce56 I say the nominees should be people who are on quite often and interact with the server. But definitely have a poll of who would get it. I say people who are on quite often cause u don't wanna waste VIP on someone who is gonna leave the server or not play.

Yeah, we dont want players who came on once then left forever getting nominated.

4. 4 years ago

@FieryPhoenix64 Yeah, we dont want players who came on once then left forever getting nominated.

This is why i suggested a poll on nominees, so people could vote who they want to nominate, then host another poll to determine a winner

5. I'm down to buy a few players VIP for free if nessecary :)

6. Edited 4 years ago by iDogeTwinkie

Sadly GoFundMe will actually either freeze or delete your page unless it's something related to a family issues such as father having some sort of cancer that needs funding to make it go away and family needs support etc.

It's not for stuff like this, so yeah, it's unfortunate though, it would be nice to see people who are not dipshits and fuckheads of course, to get VIP for being an absolute anti-dipshit and anti-fuckhead. :D

If I eventually get financially stable(working in a kitchen washing dishes n shit sure won't make me financially stable lol) I might throw in a couple of VIP's, but not now. :D

Would love to see other people getting free VIP for being a nice dude. :)

7. I have started work on a system for this, I just need to figure out a way to select who is given VIP, maybe top voter each month, or top voter at the time of hitting the threshold? What do you all think?

8. Edited 4 years ago by FieryPhoenix64

@CraftyMyner I have started work on a system for this, I just need to figure out a way to select who is given VIP, maybe top voter each month, or top voter at the time of hitting the threshold? What do you all think?

Personly I think it should be the players who play the most, the freindliest or the ones most well known.

9. Personally I think every 500 (or whatever number) of total votes, the person with the most votes within that 500 would be a decent system.

10. @FieryPhoenix64 Personly I think it should be the players who play the most, the freindliest or the ones most well known.

How would we decide this fairly and without people boosting someone if we did a poll?

11. @Th3GreenGamer Personally I think every 500 (or whatever number) of total votes, the person with the most votes within that 500 would be a decent system.

@Th3GreenGamer Personally I think every 500 (or whatever number) of total votes, the person with the most votes within that 500 would be a decent system.

Or base it on each time we hit the threshold? So we get to $15 and it picks the top voter, or top voter who is default?

12. I like the idea of top voter once the threshold is hit, voting is helpful to the server and shows the player is committed, if there are multiple players with the same amount of votes we could rng pick from them to select the winner if not multiple winners,we can also exclude a previous winner from the next selection to make it more fair to others,giving it to defaults would be best imo however if a ranked player wins we could give them a timeframe to select someone they wish or they can abstain and have staff pick the next follow up in votes

13. @CraftyMyner Or base it on each time we hit the threshold? So we get to $15 and it picks the top voter, or top voter who is default?

Yea something along those lines sound good to me.

14. I would exclude all already vip members from the top votes, or make a thread like Nysic had where staff could nominate players.

15. I think basing it on top voters would be good. It would encourage more voting which helps both the server and playerbase out. Plus it's imo a better reflection of the players that really care about the server and are dedicated to it, whereas a popularity vote based on player/staff opinion is biased to mostly the talkative players, excluding anyone who doesn't talk very much, but still loves the server. Default should be the only ones considered, except maybe for the case no default is high enough in voting to really seem to qualify, then maybe consider vips, but I'd say only in that case.

16. How about each staff member (or maybe just admins) nominates a defult player, and then we have a poll?

17. Or people that donate nominate?

18. I like that idea Tez1010

19. @Tez1010 Or people that donate nominate?

While I really like the idea, here are the issues I see with this. If it was one nomination per donation, then someone could just donate 100 of 1 cent donations and get 100 nominations for his own or his alt account. If we set a minimum donation price, someone could just a bunch of time and get VIP like 1/2 off. We could also do a weighted system but that would also cause issues if someone just donated 50% to force everyone else to buy his VIP at half off. We would also need to handle ties between players.

I think votes is the best way as it allows players who may not have the money to get VIP by showing their dedication in other ways.

20. I nominate @fieryphoenix64

21. @Billyabob I nominate @fieryphoenix64

Please have a look at https://forum.craftymynes.com/8451-community-piggy-bank

or Sign Up to reply!