Redstone machine to help with bridges?

1. 4 years ago
    Edited 4 years ago by Compos

I want to build a bridge. I can shift to walk to the edge and build. but some times lag can make this dangerous!

What i want to build is a machine that I can place a block in front of an observer. then the observer will trigger to move forward. so i can place another block in front of it and it will move forward.

this way I can stay a couple blocks back at all times so that if lag occurs and it takes a second I will not fall to my death.

but my solution seems to not work at all. even in theory I get stuck in an infinite loop.

I have a piston to push the observer forward, and a piston to push that piston forward and a piston to push that piston forward and a piston to push that piston forward and a piston to push that piston forward and a piston to push that piston forward and a piston to push that piston forward...................Error end of universe...

Please someone who is good with red stone machines can you help me. maybe i am missing something.

2. Keep in mind that there's a limit to the number of blocks that pistons can push. I think that it's something like 10? It would likely take a flying machine with dispensers that have lava and water buckets timed perfectly to have the bridge-making machine work infinitely.

3. Edited 4 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

It’s 12 I believe. This could be possible if we had lavalogged blocks, but currently there is of course no such thing. If we did there could be a cobblestone generator that would work by pushing along lavalogged blocks near waterlogged blocks with delay so it could make cobble. Maybe with the nether update coming up? But I doubt it.

Edit: Also you can’t push dispensers.

4. I sorta figured it out.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Flying_technologies

using the first simple flying machine.

instead of the front red stone block. i put a observer so the out put is on the sticky piston. and connect it with slime blocks to where the slime block is in the front.

this way as i place a block against the observer the machine move forward one. then i can place a block again against the observer.

this allows me to notice if there is server lag because the machine will not move forward.

so i do not have to worry about accidentally building a block and walking on it only to have it disappear with lag.

this shows the back side, which is mostly the normal simple flying machine

-image-

this shows the purple pur pur road plus the observer

-image-

5. 3 years ago

I know this for the overworld, but there's a similar contraption that automatically builds a cobblestone path in the Nether

or Sign Up to reply!