Discord Ban Appeal #2

1. 3 years ago
    Edited 3 years ago by Verminator2

Hello! I was banned from the discord yesterday for apparently disagreeing with a "contract" I made. Now before we even get into the good stuff, technically there's no rule or guideline that forces ANY players to not contact, tag, mention, etc in Discord, there is a option on discord called "block." This option is more appropriate for those who don't want a specific player messaging, tagging or mentioning them, its their choice to use this option. However IT IS more appropriate to ban / mute players who are advertising, constantly being toxic, blatant racism, etc. Basically everything the admins should be banning Discord members for, not banning them for "disagreeing" on a made up contract thats not even enforced within the server itself.

That was the first topic I would like to address. That topic was explaining this "non-contact" agreement was made up, not a enforced rule and not required by any player regardless of what Staff say, I do not see a rule called "players are required to make non-contact agreement with players they do not fancy" and to my concern Staff are hired to enforce the RULES CREATED by the founder of the server correct? Not make up rules as they go along, if that is the case, then you might as well incinerate all the rules that were created years ago.

Baron mentioned on my first ban appeal....
    "Looking through the discord, you werent having a conversation. You tagged him in a post. At no point did he direct anything twords you, despite your claim of an insult to the admin that asked why you were tagging him due to your "dont talk to me" agreement"

I did not say I was having a conversation in Public Discord, that was an assumption. I was having a conversation via DM. Here is the proof!

As you can clearly see it was a conversation held via DM. There wasn't any advertising, racist remarks, spamming, inappropriate gifs/pictures. No rules have been broken, therefore Staff are not needed. Now I could post the rest of the screenshots proving it was a legitimate conversation further about how college is useless, but unfortunately it has swearing and toxic behavior, not something for children to see, children are on the forums.

Okay, we have now established the proof behind me having a conversation via DM about "college is useless" therefore proving it was a topic COMPLETELY different then the toxic conversations Deyah and I had, leading up to this made up "non-contact" agreement. Understand?

As Baron quotes on his response to my previous Discord Ban Appeal...
    "could you guys please never say or use the emojis to indicate “shithole” or even talk to me or about me or anything related to me. Idc what you “technically meant” if it’s pointed to me in the slightest, don’t say it to me. Idc what you guys have to say, don’t talk to me"
    If it was actually read the correct way and fully understood you would realize I was asking THEM NOT TO contact me with toxicity, harassment or any toxic gestures, I'm sorry for leaving out a single word (toxic) that "defines" the entire request I made, should've been more clear. I did not say it wasn't okay for them to simply @ me with that single message alone, politely message me, or try to become friends, vise versa for me as well. I AGREED and so did THEY not to contact me with toxicity, harassment or any inappropriate behavior whatsoever, that was the agreement regardless of any "terms" or "messages" I made that indicate differently. And to my concern mentioning a player using the "@" button ALONE, is not toxic, is not harassment or anything that indicates me disagreeing with that made up "non-contact" agreement. Therefore no rules have been broken, there isn't a reason to ban me from the discord nor mute me. And the "non-toxic contract" I made has NOT been broken.

Therefore the question STILL remains... which rule in the server says I'm not allowed to mention (@) players under the proper discord channel? That is if you read what I said correctly. Again, there is a difference between the "non-toxic contract" and simply mentioning players in discord regardless of past events. Also Staff should be able to allow players to reply on Ban Appeals, because Staff are human beings, they are not gods, they assume, they make mistakes, therefore players need to reply with something more understandable and intelligent. Clearly BaronBattleBread and other Staff did not understand this "contract" deyah and I created fully. I am not against the Staff nor am I trying to start problems. I fully respect the Staff and what they do in terms of protecting the server properly. I am simply proving the difference between this "contract" and mentioning a player in Discord. Again I did not imply/say in my "contract" they are not allowed to @ me, politely message me or try to be on good terms, I simply asked for BOTH our sides not to be toxic, message toxicity or harass one another, thank you.

2. I'm not gonna waste my time reading all of that because you started, yet again, trying to prove it wasn't possibly anything you did.

If you really want to get "Technical", The rules and guidelines can be changed at any time by the staff at hand to handle any situation that might find a player attempting to skirt the line by following a "technical" interpretation of the fairly basic forms of decency we ask you to adhere to.

You, personally, are a toxic person. Your inability to comprehend a situation borders on malicious ignorance to a point where i refuse to believe that you aren't acting like that on purpose. You may have made the contract, but you broke it when you tagged the individual unprompted. You might not even understand it yourself but a "No Contact" agreement means "no contact". In our eyes, its as binding as a restraining order unless both parties acknowledge it is to be dropped. You cant expect to start things up again with the person just because "you're not being toxic right now". You still face consequences- in your case, an accumulation of a previous incident, current incident and continued disregard to staff counsel and order resulted in your ban.

I suggest you take this as a learning experience. I'd tell you what the lesson is but if you cant see it yourself, you might understand the problem.

or Sign Up to reply!