Items Sold to Hackers

1. 3 years ago

I'm looking for a rule that governs items sold to hackers in the trading post. This isn't included in the rules, but the end of the rules say, "In order to keep the server safe, staff reserve the right to add, modify and patch rules." I was wondering if Admins/Mods had an agreed-to solution for scenarios like this.

Here's what happened to me today:

I sold a fortune III book and two enchanted pickaxes to someone in trade. A few minutes later, Blackended_Dawn tossed that player in jail. Immediately after, I was teleported away from the jail and Dawn told me I had to give the diamonds back, or she would kill me and take them - my choice. I went to my base, grabbed the diamonds, gave them to her, and she gave me back the pickaxes the banned player bought from me in the trading post.

I sell stuff all the time on this server, so I can't imagine this will be the last time I sell to someone who gets banned. Is there a process I should be aware of when someone gets banned? Is there something I should have done differently?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Mikerue

2. G'day

Generally we try to reclaim as much stuff used by hackers as possible, this includes trades, chests, bases etc the list goes on.

You unfortunately got caught in this situation and these unique scenarios are far and few between. There is nothing really you could have done differently it's just one of those things that happens from time to time.

We don't have rules that we advertise for a couple of reasons in regards to hackers but there is standard practises that we use. I do regret you had to experience this problem but it's not the first time it has happened and it will definitely not be the last.

I do hope you continue to sell your wares on the server :)

Nysic

3. Seems it's staff discretion. I had sold something to a hacker and he was caught like an hour after, but I wasn't required to return anything even though he bought for an inflated price. I offered too. This map btw

or Sign Up to reply!