New player spawn point

1. last year

I’ve noticed sometimes we greet new players and they almost immediately log off. Someone theorized in chat maybe the new player logged off because spawn doesn’t look like vanilla.

Do you guys think that’s the reason so many new players log off so quickly?

I wonder if it would be better to start new players in the wild.

2. BASED!!! REAL!!! BASED!!! REAL!!! BASED!!! REAL!!! BASED!!! REAL!!! BASED!!! REAL!!!

3. that could be possible

4. A large number of players who log off right away are from VPN bans. We used to spawn players in a room with a book of rules to read but it seemed like 75% of players were not able to read and couldn't get out.

Its worth a shot to give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

5. Edited last year by Compos

I do like the idea too, a lot of players join thinking "vanillia" and get sad that there are commands and teleport's. I get sad about the pauses when players teleport.

but i think there was a hacking client that used "." for the hacking commands. so players needing to type .wild to leave spawn is a unexpected anti hacking. however i have not seen any players complain .wild does not work so maybe that hacking client is not common anymore.

6. @Compos I do like the idea too, a lot of players join thinking "vanillia" and get sad that there are commands and teleport's. I get sad about the pauses when players teleport.

but i think there was a hacking client that used "." for the hacking commands. so players needing to type .wild to leave spawn is a unexpected anti hacking. however i have not seen any players complain .wild does not work so maybe that hacking client is not common anymore.

There are also /triggers for most commands, the delay is to prevent players from teleporting while in a PVP scenario.

7. oh i meant the pauses after a player teleport's when the map is being loaded. it is kind of cool, i do not know how true it is, but i think i can tell the size of a players base by how long the game freezes after someone types/teleports .home

8. @Compos oh i meant the pauses after a player teleport's when the map is being loaded. it is kind of cool, i do not know how true it is, but i think i can tell the size of a players base by how long the game freezes after someone types/teleports .home

Ohh, that is truly out of our control.

9. vanilla having extra dimensions is a vanilla feature,.. it has been since like 1.17 I think, but people think that since spawn is in its own dimension and its a void they think that its modded or using plug-ins. Maybe having a nearby pressure plate to get out of spawn, or make it so jumping off sends you to .survival will help those players in some way? idk..
    I like the spawn dimension and I think people should be made aware of it more easily (like by logging in [for the first time] there, not sending messages in chat about it or anything)

or Sign Up to reply!