1. 7 years ago

Hello! I would like to introduce myself, as none of you know who I am, so lets change that!

I am FishW, I just recently joined your community, and I have been enjoying myself! Everyone is very helpful and kind! I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on the server, such as is there factions still(I read some older posts that showed there was) and if so are any recruiting? Or the pvp arena, does it change daily, or does someone go in and rebuild it from time to time? I have had a bit of a rough go at making my first home including being murdered by some creepers and drowning once, the irony of it. Some of my strengths include farming of both animals and plants, mining, and collecting resources. My building skills are.....rough.... I'm that guy whose cobble huts you often see, or who makes a dirt castle. My pvp skills aren't very good, as my computer is as a rock and I often get some lag when I try to kill anyone, but I can kill under the right circumstances, though I prefer to build and have peace. If anyone needs anything let me know, and feel free to say 'hi' if you see me on, though I am moderately quiet. I have been trying to get out of the 15k range of the rtp but my death count continues to rise. If you have any good tips or tricks for me please let me know and any help would be appreciated!

Regards Fish

2. Id say the biggest thing is to travel during the day and hang out in spawn at night ro ensure that its safe, dont build till 40-50k blocks from spawn and dont build above ground till at least 80k blocks out. Trust nobody unless youve known them a long time

3. I'd say that's a solid piece of advice! I pretty much always build underground for some reason and I have always been paranoid of people to the point to where my house has like ten piston doors one has to get through in order to get in to my house. How far is the world border? Its not good to live on the edge, or a corner as lots of people tend to flock there, but getting within 10-15k wouldn't be bad I am sure.

4. The world border is 100k out from spawn, Personally I'd probably stay at least 10-20 k away from the border, Maybe keep your coords uneven as well.

Nice skin though! xD

5. World border is at 100k blocks from spawn if i recall correctly

6. Welcome noobie

7. Thank you! I certainly want to get far out. Ok but here is a topic me and some of my friends have long debated. Would it be safer to build out at like 80k-x 80k-z or anywhere from 0-10k-x and 80k-z(or 80k-x 0k-z, you get the idea). Because anytime anyone goes for a base they go for high numbers on both x and z, so would having a really low number on one and a high number on the other be better? Sure you wouldnt be as far away from spawn but is the trade off a good one? Now having said that I'll still probably go far out and not go for a high low cords, just thought I'd bring that up.

@TheDunmerRaven
    Nice skin though! xD

If you see me on feel free to ask me and I will go to the pvp arena and you can go kill me for my skull.

8. Edited 7 years ago by ardoasms

Try to avoid nice even numbers, (10500,75000 etc), the more random the coords the better because 18759,12778 is much safer location than 12000 15000 in theory

9. Yea I would say going to 50000 and 50000 would be a bad idea for sure greifers would probably look for that over unorthodox cords.

10. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

Ello FishW! It's always nice when we see new faces taking part in the community

• Generally speaking, trust no one. Anyone (excluding Mod 2, 3 and Admins) can raid/grief/pvp you. i you build something and want to show it off, it is always safer to take screenshots and make a forum thread than bringing people to your base. There are people you can trust with your coords, but there are many more you shouldn't.
    • "Safe" area is 20k-90k, but building above ground is past 50k
    • There are various factions on this server, ranging from pvp to builders to the penguin cult. There are also many groups of players that base near each other but aren't exactly in a faction
    • If you ever need to know something in game, feel free to ask any staff member as well as the server
    • And above all else, remember to have fun here :3
  11. you can always join the order of the mackerel, with a name like fish you wouldn't even need to change your name, just your skin :D

12. Thank you Venetorem! I am not very trusting when it comes to people so thats kinda nice in a way. Mod 3 and admins can't raid, but other staff can, thats an interesting rule indeed on most servers staff cant raid at all, but it kinda makes sense, as i assume mod 3+ get gm3 while others do not. How can I tell who's a mod 3 or higher though aside from admins having a red name?
    "Order of the mackeral" interesting indeed, thank you for the offer, and consider me an ally in the future, but even though I didnt make my skin I am quite attached to it as it is kinda my 'thing' so I will keep that. But if you need anything let me know!

13. It's actually mod2+ that cant raid and you can just ask, also i advise u look at this thread
    link text

14. Thank you I will take a look! Better to put in the extra effort in selceting the right spot then get griefed! Hopefully within the end of the week my house spot will have been selceted.

15. @GibsonAxe i have no idea what you're talking about xp
    But on a serious note, staff members tend not to do anythin like that. But if you do tp someone, only to be killed, thats against the rules, and you should tell staff

16. Yea I read that whole confusing post on the tpa kill "player A tps to player B...." And the rule on rtp killing. So i think I should be safe plus I think I can trust staff enough not to trick me into thinking that I am safe then murdering me lol. Well I hope staff is that trustworhy, I severly doubt the rest of the population is though.

17. @FishW Yeah, You can trust most if not all of the staff (I think at least), And I'm sure there are plenty of trustworthy people on the server as well, However there are quite a few people who will grief for for the sake of it (Reading forums will give you indication of some and for others you'll have to use your own judgement)
    Really it's just a case of being very selective over trusting player and you should be fine!

18. Edited 7 years ago by iclutchHD

Dont trust that Nub R4isnub1.
    Or Flabby the evil mod 2.

19. So basically what I can take from this is:

1. Don't be an idiot and let some guy into your base
    2. Get far from spawn or any landmark

Solid advice indeed, plus keeping in mind nether portals must be far away and leaving any trails is a bad idea. Being a former player of many a vanilla servers I think I should be set!

@R4iscool1 Dont trust that Nub R4isnub1.
    Or Flabby the evil mod 2.

I would have swore those names were different when I saw this message an hour ago lol.

20. Edited 7 years ago by Venetorem

They were, the evil admin changed them. He is trying to silence me.
    #IclutchHD 4 president

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!