The Shaderpack/Texturepack thread

1. 7 years ago

@ZenithW asked me what texture pack I was using, I was gonna show em some screenshots to do it more justice and show it off a bit, but that wasn't the point of that thread... So here's a new one! In fact I thought it would be cool if everyone showed off their shaders / resource packs here! we've seen everyone's selfies, poured over their collections, and gotten jealous of awesome computer setups... so why haven't we shared how we're all actually playing the game?!

TLDR: Show off your shader packs and resource packs guys! I for one am always looking for cooler textures, so I'm sure plenty of other people are too!

Here's what I'm using:

Shader pack is Continuum version 1.8.9 preview 2, which is what makes my water look awesome:

Available here, they've updated to newer versions but they're buggy for me so I use an older one, their download links are confusing so it might take some trial and error to figure out which one you need
    http://continuumshader.com/

Resource pack is called Realistico, from here https://matteorizzo.me/realistico/ and this is what it does to Minecraft:

Before:
    -image-

and holy f#$king s%^# thats Minecraft?! I mean... After:
    -image-

Yeah. It's fucking awesome. Here's some more:
    -image-

Before:
    -image-

After:
    -image-

CraftyMynes is a gorgeous place:
    -image-

Before:
    -image-

After:
    -image-

One last note, I've edited the lighting color to be more of a "white light" instead of the regular "yellow torchlight" so my stuff looks like this:
    -image-

-image-

Its really easy to get whatever color you want! Heres a quick video showing you how! This guy also has videos on how to install this very shaderpack! They use SEUS in the video but its the same for continuum, just different editing lines, same file.

I can't wait to see what cool stuff you guys are using :D

2. -image-.

3. @Kinkybobo One last note, I've edited the lighting color to be more of a "white light" instead of the regular "yellow torchlight" so my stuff looks like this:

yeah this yellow lighting was enough to drive me crazy when i tried shaders. unfortunately shaders also brought fps drops for me so i couldn't continue using them.

4. Here is my view. The walls are polished diorite and they match up nicely with the stone slabs. Not sure who Dawn is quoting there lol.

One thing i really like about this texture pack is it doesn't change the inventory item icons too much. You can still look at pots and know what is what. That was my one complaint when looking thru resource packs. Having to read alot of items labels cause you just couldn't tell. Splash from drinking pots got confusing and other stuff you just couldn't find at a glance.

equanimity resource pack

-image-

-image-

5. I was quoting myself

6. @Kinkybobo @ZenithW asked me what texture pack I was using, I was gonna show em some screenshots to do it more justice and show it off a bit, but that wasn't the point of that thread... So here's a new one! In fact I thought it would be cool if everyone showed off their shaders / resource packs here! we've seen everyone's selfies, poured over their collections, and gotten jealous of awesome computer setups... so why haven't we shared how we're all actually playing the game?!

TLDR: Show off your shader packs and resource packs guys! I for one am always looking for cooler textures, so I'm sure plenty of other people are too!

Here's what I'm using:

Shader pack is Continuum version 1.8.9 preview 2, which is what makes my water look awesome:

Available here, they've updated to newer versions but they're buggy for me so I use an older one, their download links are confusing so it might take some trial and error to figure out which one you need
    http://continuumshader.com/

Resource pack is called Realistico, from here https://matteorizzo.me/realistico/ and this is what it does to Minecraft:

Before:
    -image-

and holy f#$king s%^# thats Minecraft?! I mean... After:
    -image-

Yeah. It's fucking awesome. Here's some more:
    -image-

Before:
    -image-

After:
    -image-

CraftyMynes is a gorgeous place:
    -image-

Before:
    -image-

After:
    -image-

One last note, I've edited the lighting color to be more of a "white light" instead of the regular "yellow torchlight" so my stuff looks like this:
    -image-

-image-

Its really easy to get whatever color you want! Heres a quick video showing you how! This guy also has videos on how to install this very shaderpack! They use SEUS in the video but its the same for continuum, just different editing lines, same file.

I can't wait to see what cool stuff you guys are using :D

Would it be possible to setup differnt light sources to produce different tones of light? Like torches producing a warm yellowish light, redstone lamps producing a neutral white, the sea lanterns a bluish light and plain glowstone a slightly warm light but not as warm as torches?

7. I'm getting cold here.. all this talk of warm light.

8. @ardoasms that's something I've actually wondered myself, and from what I've looked up its possible, but requires a lot more savvy than going into the shader file and changing the general lighting r/b/g values. I generally hate doing overly complicated things and I was content with all my light just being soft white lol.

9. @Kinkybobo @ardoasms that's something I've actually wondered myself, and from what I've looked up its possible, but requires a lot more savvy than going into the shader file and changing the general lighting r/b/g values. I generally hate doing overly complicated things and I was content with all my light just being soft white lol.

Dang, too lazy to do that then... of course im also too lazy to mess with installing shaders

10. @ardoasms its so simple though! just install optifine, then from there just drop whatever shaderpack you want to use into the shaderpacks folder! and if there isnt a shader folder just make one!

11. @Kinkybobo @ardoasms its so simple though! just install optifine, then from there just drop whatever shaderpack you want to use into the shaderpacks folder! and if there isnt a shader folder just make one!

Oh... thats actually really easy.... may have to do that when i get around to installing optifine

12. @ardoasms Oh... thats actually really easy.... may have to do that when i get around to installing optifine

How do you live without it, my computer wants to melt if I don't

13. @FlashFood How do you live without it, my computer wants to melt if I don't

Im just kinda lazy about that kinda stuff :P

14. @FlashFood How do you live without it, my computer wants to melt if I don't

It all depends on your computer. Mine is a simple MacBook with an i7 intel core processor. Without optifine it can clock at around 60 Fps, sometimes even 70.

In relation to the post, I have stated that DokuCraft has to be my favourite texture pack. Gives everything a medieval/fantasy look to it. It also makes purper block a darker purple. Optifine is recomended.
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

15. criaotic

17 May 2016 Suspended

lol that last one is a downloadable map.

16. Do shaders cause a drop in fps?

17. @FishW Do shaders cause a drop in fps?

Yes they will lower your fps by a lot. You need quite a good pc to run shaders at a reasonable fps.

18. @ORCA_Gnome lol that last one is a downloadable map.

Yep, Its minas tirith :P

19. It also depends what shader you grab some have less of an impact on fps than others

20. holy crap @BoneChi11er im gonna have to check dokucraft out... dat night sky tho

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!