The Shaderpack/Texturepack thread

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

I'm getting cold here.. all this talk of warm light.

3. @ardoasms that's something I've actually wondered myself, and from what I've looked up its possible, but requires a lot more savvy than going into the shader file and changing the general lighting r/b/g values. I generally hate doing overly complicated things and I was content with all my light just being soft white lol.

4. @Kinkybobo @ardoasms that's something I've actually wondered myself, and from what I've looked up its possible, but requires a lot more savvy than going into the shader file and changing the general lighting r/b/g values. I generally hate doing overly complicated things and I was content with all my light just being soft white lol.

Dang, too lazy to do that then... of course im also too lazy to mess with installing shaders

5. @ardoasms its so simple though! just install optifine, then from there just drop whatever shaderpack you want to use into the shaderpacks folder! and if there isnt a shader folder just make one!

6. @Kinkybobo @ardoasms its so simple though! just install optifine, then from there just drop whatever shaderpack you want to use into the shaderpacks folder! and if there isnt a shader folder just make one!

Oh... thats actually really easy.... may have to do that when i get around to installing optifine

7. @ardoasms Oh... thats actually really easy.... may have to do that when i get around to installing optifine

How do you live without it, my computer wants to melt if I don't

8. @FlashFood How do you live without it, my computer wants to melt if I don't

Im just kinda lazy about that kinda stuff :P

9. @FlashFood How do you live without it, my computer wants to melt if I don't

It all depends on your computer. Mine is a simple MacBook with an i7 intel core processor. Without optifine it can clock at around 60 Fps, sometimes even 70.

In relation to the post, I have stated that DokuCraft has to be my favourite texture pack. Gives everything a medieval/fantasy look to it. It also makes purper block a darker purple. Optifine is recomended.
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-
    -image-

10. criaotic

17 May 2016 Suspended

lol that last one is a downloadable map.

11. Do shaders cause a drop in fps?

12. @FishW Do shaders cause a drop in fps?

Yes they will lower your fps by a lot. You need quite a good pc to run shaders at a reasonable fps.

13. @ORCA_Gnome lol that last one is a downloadable map.

Yep, Its minas tirith :P

14. It also depends what shader you grab some have less of an impact on fps than others

15. holy crap @BoneChi11er im gonna have to check dokucraft out... dat night sky tho

16. @BoneChi11er halp I dont know whats going on:

my grass is clearly green
    -image-

but with dokucraft its doing this in my potion room...
    -image-

but what really doesnt make sense is outside in my garden my grass stays green with dokucraft?!
    its only purple in my potion room?
    -image-

I cant figure out what sorcery is going on here 0_o they're all just regular grass blocks

17. @Kinkybobo I cant figure out what sorcery is going on here 0_o they're all just regular grass blocks

The biome changes right there

18. Edited 7 years ago by Kinkybobo

oooooooo that makes so much sense now, thank you that was freaking me out XD

19. Whats your potion room made out of @Kinkybobo

20. Edited 7 years ago by Kinkybobo

It's completely end themed, the floor is end stone, walls are end stone brick, and roof is purpur blocks, the only part that isnt end is the ingredient backdrop which is made of spruce planks and the grass of course... the end stuff looks really freakin amazing in dokucraft btw

21. -image-
    -image-
    -image-

or Sign Up to reply!