Tpa question.

1. 7 years ago

Hello I don't want to be a bother but these new tpa rules have brought a few questions to my mind. I don't mean any of this as a "ha I have a loophole"or an any mean way I would just like some decently solid answers. I would have posted under the orginial thread but it is a bit muddled at the moment. Please know I truly mean all of this in the nicest way. But here it goes.

We have three players. Player A, player B, and player C. Player B and C are teamed.
    Case 1: Player B convinces player A to tpa to him(B) when A tpas Player C kills Player A. Is this illegal? I could see this as a definite form of trapping if B knew C was planning on murdering A.

Case 2: Player A lets Player B tpa. Player B lets Player C tpa. Player C kills Player A. Player C and A had no interaction.

You could also sub-divide the case to if player B knows that Player C is going to kill Player A. Or if Player B is clueless.
    I get if you reply that it is case sensitive I am just curious for my safety. :)

2. This was one of the issues we were having with people circumventing the rules by using these very scenarios. Certainly there will be unique cases and they will be investigated, but the bulk of what we're trying to achieve here is dissuading the practice all together.

What we don't want happening is people having a legal loop hole in which to perform tpa killing day in day out. Imagine if that was done to you on your first day, you'd likely leave, I know I probably would have.

So in the above cases, while each one would be investigated I'd likely hand out bans for every scenario.

Nysic

3. Using TPA in ANY WAY to kill someone and/or team up on someone is not allowed. This means TPA to someone who happens to be with another someone and/or TPA to someone who's in the proximity of another someone. If you use the TPA for any reason other than convenience, or any reason seen as negatively impacting another player, you will be seen as exploiting TPA and therefore punished accordingly.

Any staff want to add to this?

4. Thank you! This was just what I wanted to hear, I was afraid players might try to get around the tpa rule by by using these methods! glad staff is on it!

5. @mightymyntz If you use the TPA for any reason other than convenience, or any reason seen as negatively impacting another player, you will be seen as exploiting TPA and therefore punished accordingly.

so what you mean is i can't tpa to my buddy waiting at a base we got the coords (not from tpa) to raid? if so this is an absolutely terrible rule and you should reconsider it immediately

6. Perhaps it should be called tpa abuse and include Myntz phrase of negatively impacting in the definition? That would help to close off loads of loopholes.

7. Deleted 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  8. Deleted 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  9. Deleted 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  10. Deleted 7 years ago by Blackened_Dawn
  11. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  12. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  13. Deleted 7 years ago by r4iscool1
  14. Edited 7 years ago by MagnaOpera

Umm Tsu I don't quite know what you mean. Tpa is actually quite a recent addition to Craftymynes. But was there not raid and pvp before on 1.8?

Tpa is a boon for the pvp guys now they can call in a whole army rather than the builders only have to fight one or two guys at a time.

I remember when it was pretty peaceful and the apex pvp guys were rightly feared for their tracking as well as combat skills. No its as simple as convincing a naive dupe to tp you and BOOm live or die you still have their coords.

The tp was needed to increase the player base as many now simply will not play without tp. But dont think that tp killing/ raiding make you that skilled. The longer the peaceful builders can operate in peace the more raids there will be. In the end trolling and griefing new players off the server is never a good idea.

Having said all that I would support tp killing simply for the sake of convenience. All this rulemaking is getting pretty involved. Maybe a board at spawn warning not to tp unknown players. Its still a vanilla survival server and its on everyone to ensure their own personal safety whatever way they can.

15. Edited 7 years ago by mightymyntz

@SharpSerac so what you mean is i can't tpa to my buddy waiting at a base we got the coords (not from tpa) to raid? if so this is an absolutely terrible rule and you should reconsider it immediately

As Tez said, you should read the first part of my statement. Your scenario is one of convenience, seeing how you received the coords from stumbling upon them or someone else giving them to you. Therefore, it is allowed.

16. so basically if i tpa to someone who is at their base, they are completely immune from me raiding them ever?

17. this thread is closed because its been discussed in the TPA Killing Thread

or Sign Up to reply!