Allowable Mods & Texture Packs

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Nysic

Any mod that gives you an advantage over other players are not allowed and will result in a ban.

Also you don't need the better sprint mod.

That's exactly why I suggested it. If it gave an advantage then clearly it would not have been approved.

3. @Blackened_Dawn I hope you take this in the best way possible. I want to give you some feedback. Your responses in this thread have come across as condescending. I took the time to carefully read what Nysic wrote prior to posting my suggestion, particularly the part that invited players to suggest modifications that they would like approved. Thus, I was aware of what Nysic said including the parts that you quoted and paraphrased. I hope that I've not angered you by asking approval for the better sprinting mod. That was not my intention.

4. @pand1024

Look at my picture, you don't need a mod that does the same exact thing that Minecraft does, the sprint toggle has been there since 13w36a.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/13w36a

Rewrote Key Config.
    Function and sprint keys can be changed.
    By default, sprinting can be activated by holding down the left control key. In Creative mode, this can also be done while flying.
    The original sprinting controls (double-tap forward or double-tap backward while holding down forward) still function.

No approval for the mod due to the fact that it's unnecessary.

5. I'm pretty sure that mod allows you to run sideways/strafing with sprint which you can't do normally, I would say that's an advantage over others.

6. Option for sprinting in all directions (SP ONLY)

@GibsonAxe I believe the option for sprinting in all directions is single player only.

Sprint Toggle key

@Blackened_Dawn the toggle is different from the ctrl key in that you can tap it once to activate sprint mode (and release) and then tap it again to disable sprint mode. You're correct that it's not needed, so I'm fine with your decision.

On a separate note, if staff are going to deny any mod that gives an advantage and also deny any mod that isn't needed then staff shouldn't invite people to suggest mods as they will all be denied.

7. Do I apply for a mod by posting here? It improves the feel of the game by providing sound equivalent of OptiFine. For instance, while in the woods you hear birds chirping, and in the evening, crickets, etc. The sounds for the Nether is simply freaky. The mAtmos mod can be found at: https://github.com/dags-/MAtmos/releases
    The resource pack you need is http://ha3.eu/x/tempshare/misc/msi_conversion.zip
    Also see: https://hypixel.net/threads/matmos-how-to-install-matmos-on-1-7-10.165793/
    on how to install the mod.

8. This mod will be put to review.

Nysic

9. Direction and Armor Status HUD, they allow you to have a compass (Direction) in the top middle of your screen and a movable armor durability status. As far as I remember the Status HUD mod will be irrelevant in 1.9 because that will be implemented to vanilla. Just small helpful tweaks to beat having to hit F3 for your direction and open your inventory and look over armor.

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1282347-bspkrs-mods-armorstatushud-directionhud

10. My only issues with this mod is that it allows you to see your armor level without going into your inv. This would give players a leg up in pvp as they can know when their armor is getting low.

11. I wouldn't call it an advantage more of a convenience, if you fight with someone you know how many hits you want to take most times.

12. Well it would be nice if some PVP'ers would comment on this.

13. Um if you are fighting with gapples. Armor breaking very often happens and it's a core way that players can loose. In 1.9 I'm not as sure. In 1.8 it would definatly be an advantage

14. Oolfa

3 Mar 2016 Suspended

No, this mod would give players an advantage. A very big advantage in fact. I say this so, because in a log fight +2 minutes, players rely on their opponents armour to break quicker than theirs giving them an advantage of catching them off guard that their armour has broken and becoming the victor of that fight. 50% of the time, players forget to check their armour durability during the fight, causing them to loose. This is all part of pvp and should be a skill rather for a player to multi task during a fight proving who is the better fighter. Using the mod will give an advantage as its one less thing to worry about during the fight while the other has to. So as crafty has said, yes one player using this mod will give them an advantage in winning. Also I don't know this for sure but I've seen some players who use mods/hacks on a few pvp servers, the mod lets them automatically replace whatever armour piece that is broken instead of doing it manually like all players. So idk if the HUD mod comes with that facility.

15. ^ I was pretty sure that this was the response I was going to get.

16. Oolfa

3 Mar 2016 Suspended

:D you know it, genius

17. Way easyer with forge

18. Edited 8 years ago by Mabzino

Oolfa covers all the points well; but the only time armour breaks really is during gapple fights, and gapples have been changed so that they don't give insane amounts of regen, instead it's like a regen2 pot. (and also made much rarer), so I'm open to the addition.

19. Oolfa

3 Mar 2016 Suspended

Regen 2 is rare? Well lol I raised someone who had 3 stacks of ghast tear drop so I didn't think it was rare Lolz

20. Ghast tears can be traded with a bow and arrow in the VIP crafting guild, that's possibly the reason why them and regeneration pots aren't rare.

21. 7 years ago

do not bump old threads

or Sign Up to reply!