Riddle me this!

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by QuietSheep

Alright riddle thread! I will post a riddle and you will answer it! The one who wins gets the prize of *drumroll* Posting the next riddle.
    Do not post a riddle if you have not won.

Also, you can google to look up questions but do not google to look up answers.

If you google I won't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you close the search tab right now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will raid you.

Good luck XD here's the riddle, its my favorite of all time and also very difficult, you must explain how you got the answer:

=====================================================================================
    You find yourself inside a treacherous labyrinth when you come across two identical doors to the left and right. One leads to the castle at the center, and the other leads to certain death!

There are two men guarding the doors. They tell you you may only ask one question to only one of the guards. One guard always tells the truth and the other always lies.

What question can you ask to ensure you know which is the door to the castle?

2. Choose carefully David Bowie is watching you

3. When there is fire in me then I am still cold; When I own your true love's face then you will not see me; To all things I give no more than I am given; In time I may have all things and yet I may keep nothing.

4. @Eberk91 Choose carefully David Bowie is watching you

Was that a Labyrinth reference
    if so
    ily

5. @Beedobi Was that a Labyrinth reference
    if so
    ily

100%

6. hey i remember this!

i would say
    "what would the other guard tell me if i asked him which door leads to the castle?"

7. @Cileklim hey i remember this!

i would say
    "what would the other guard tell me if i asked him which door leads to the castle?"

Why?

8. @QuietSheep Why?

if he is the one that lies, he will tell the opposite of the other guard

if he is the one that tells the truth, he will tell what the lying guard would say

in either way, you find out which door leads to the castle

9. @Beedobi Was that a Labyrinth reference
    if so
    ily

The entire 1st post is from Labyrinth xD

10. @Cileklim if he is the one that lies, he will tell the opposite of the other guard

if he is the one that tells the truth, he will tell what the lying guard would say

in either way, you find out which door leads to the castle

Yep pretty much good job, well done! XD your turn to riddle!

11. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

Here we go:

Your clock is not working properly, it jumps 36 minutes every hour. Besides, it stopped a hour ago, in 8:24. All you know is that it used to show the right time in 02:00

Edit: I'll try explaining it again, then

Clocks are supposed to go 60 minutes every hour, but this faulty clock goes 60 + 36 instead,
    and the same clock stops at 8:24 am, precisely a hour ago.
    You know that it was telling the right time at 02:00 am.

can you tell the time?

12. Edited 7 years ago by NutjobBob

@Cileklim It's 7am, time to get up and buy a new clock!

Someone give sknup some love :P

13. Cileklim, can you reword that? It's really hard to understand.

14. Yeah... I'm confused

15. @Cileklim Here we go:
    can you tell the time?

Its either 6 a.m. or its time to get a new clock

16. I think its 7am also

17. Yes i can tell The Time to start working correctly ^^

18. @NutjobBob @QuietSheep Can you guys explain why?

19. I just added 96 minutes to the time starting at 2.00 until i got to 8.24 which was done by adding it 4 times (which means it was only 4 hours in reality), that means the time was 6 when the clock stopped, an hour afterwards would be 7. Idk did I explain that right?

20. Oh now that you've edited it, I thought you meant the clock stopped working then every hour, it would jump 36 minutes.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!