Structures Protection

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

thats basically what i said lol, just with it going to the staff first to block out the stuff that wouldnt make a vote

3. @TheForgotten20
    no it cant lets tag crafty to see if it can be done @CraftyMyner

You underestimate the power of the Crafty :D

4. Edited 7 years ago by Tweakerzoid

Cool, so it's possible!
    I think that this idea may bring a new vibe to the game.
    It would really encourage creative people to build usefull and amazing stuff.
    New destinations for adventurers... An even cooler server.
    If we put our minds together to find a fair way to do it and with @CraftyMyner 's craftiness, protecting some buildings or part of them from griefing might not be such a bad idea! How about a trial run? :D start with 3 buildings - Admins choice is fine by me.
    I'm sure you guys know a lot of builds worth the trouble!

5. Sorry fellas this idea is a bit of a non starter. We have a protected spawn as a nod to civility and even that is enough to send some 'proper' VSMP player running for the hills. Gandalf knows how to protect your builds...

6. lol, thats the oposite of what i was thinking about.
    I'm not suggesting to protect personal builds, only a few public worthy ones.
    Not trying to change how the server works.
    just thought it would be cool to see impressive stuff.
    but i got the picture... bad idea! tried it before! got it! :(

7. Personally I'm not a fan, it'd just take away from the whole Griefing and Raiding aspect of the server Imo.
    Like Crafty said there is also the whole thing about Who and What gets protected and the inevitable complaints that results from that.

8. Crafty protects the "Cummunity" end farm...

I build an iron farm 100 blocks from spawn, call it "Cummunity" tell the wrong people where it is and then ask Crafty to protect it...

This is what your plan might turn into if people get the wrong idea, plus it would hurt the vanilla integrity of the server. If people want to build a large, public build and have it protected, they can go to building servers. I personally like the idea of griefing someone else's hard work because they made the mistake of telling the wrong person about it.

9. @_Confederacy_ it would hurt the vanilla integrity of the server

It wouldnt hurt the vanilla nature of the server, since it would be all via commands, and could be a marvel to see work
    It would more effect the survival and griefing/raiding aspects of the server, and in my opinion would lessen these aspects

10. Edited 7 years ago by Tweakerzoid

_Confederacy_ in that case Crafty would have to refuse...
    I'm new to this, so I'll just take your word for it. it would certainly demand some serious thinking.

I'll give a different example,
    I I found a skelly spawner 12k from spawn and build a compact, practical, usefull and easy on the eyes grinder. where any player, with a bit of work, can get a few arrows and some XP.
    Ask for protection and, if x number of admins agree they would protect only the amount of space they see fit. (even just protect the spawner itself and allow other players to repair griefers damage)

Wouldn't that be usefull?
    Maybe a contest, 1 public building accepted every month. This would even give people more reasons to come back to the server and check out the new stuff without the staff having to build everything all the time..

And do you really need the XP that you get from the spawner?
    Is it really worth it vs many of us being able to enjoy it?

Anyway...
    gonna play minecraft now! :D

Oh, and as Dannysharks explained it would be vanilla just the same..

11. Cool, so now my public end grinder could be protected? Woot :D

12. nop... it's not a thing...
    it was just a dream... :P

13. You know, since the forum is so varied we could just introduce polls to the forum, would that help? Im fine abandoning my builds (creeperlord is mainly the one maintaining it) but like with sed iron farm, i think its a good idea, maybe a set turnout and result?

14. I would highly discourage this since... this is.. a raiding.., and griefing server....

and you joined knowing this...

15. @Blackened_Dawn I would highly discourage this since... this is.. a raiding.., and griefing server....

^

16. @Blackened_Dawn I would highly discourage this since... this is.. a raiding.., and griefing server....

True, plus i have no idea what it takes to run a server and to manage all these opinions.
    And i don't wanna play on a server where raiding and griefing isn't allowed cause its boring.
    I like it here, thats why i went to the trouble of posting this.
    this was just a healthy discussion from a user an admirer of your work!
    I understand it's not a good idea.

17. We make the game easy enough without protecting community grinders.
    It kind of defeats the purpose of survival when you there is free OP grinders where you are immune to damage.
    Theres no risk invovled we may as well hand it out at spawn.

18. i think the best way to solve this problems is to prtect em via videos, this way you can still relive its greatness through a memory........im sorry i hve to bother you but here comes @BaronBattleBread

19. I'm on the no protection side of this argument. Protecting things such as grinders and iron farms would simply screw up the economy and as Dawn said, when we joined we signed up to a griefing pvp server. Avoiding 'baddies' is what gives the game its edge here.

20. I completely agree with no protection for farms, bases, etc.

However as i read the thread i am wondering if perhaps a safe area could be made specifically for making monuments and statues? An area that all members could choose to build something. No chests.

Perhaps have a competition each month for best build? After each month clear the area?

Random thoughts!

What do others think?

21. @mithraculus I completely agree with no protection for farms, bases, etc.

However as i read the thread i am wondering if perhaps a safe area could be made specifically for making monuments and statues? An area that all members could choose to build something. No chests.

Perhaps have a competition each month for best build? After each month clear the area?

Random thoughts!

What do others think?

that actually sounds like a lot of fun, could probably get more support with its own thread though

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!