Abusive Words from Staff

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by L645

I just thought I would ask about this, recently I typed "käntrəˈvərSHəl,ˌkäntrəˈvərsēəl" in the chat to give the pronunciation of the word controversial. I was then kicked with the reason "no". I wanted to clarify that the reason I was kicked was for using those characters since that's not really specified in the rules. The staff member then proceeded to call me a "fucker" which I would consider hate speech. I just don't like being kicked without warning for something not specified in the rules and then the person who kicked me breaks the rules shortly after...

2. Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat.

3. And I don't think "fucker" classifies as hate speech.
    "Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits."

4. honestly i don't know that they mean by "minecraft font" does that mean you can't use any special characters at all?

5. Edited 7 years ago by L645

What if it insults a group that is disabled casue it can't fuck. ;)
    But good job with the generic responses! :D

6. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@SharpSerac honestly i don't know that they mean by "minecraft font" does that mean you can't use any special characters at all?

Hacked clients have a feature that allows you to use non minecraft fonts, (unicode letter equivalents) they are not allowed.

Like this:

ι нαтє ιт ωнєη ρєσρℓє тαℓк ℓιкє тнιѕ!
  7. @CraftyMyner Hacked clients have a feature that allows you to use non minecraft fonts, (unicode letter equivalents) they are not allowed.

things like "käntrəˈvərSHəl" you can get by searching "controversial" on google, those characters can be copied and pasted. it is not a new font, these are just characters you don't see too often. so i believe the staff member was incorrect in this judgement as well as it not being english, because spellings like that actually tell you how to pronounce the word in english.

8. @SharpSerac It is still pretty spammy looking. Each staff have their own tolerance and perspective of rules.

9. @Cellexya @SharpSerac It is still pretty spammy looking. Each staff have their own tolerance and perspective of rules.

"spam" is not what you highlighted in your initial response. you highlighted "minecraft font and english only"

10. enough

11. Practice good chat etiquette - Don’t use caps, don’t spam, don’t discuss controversial, sensitive or offensive topics (e.g. sex, sexual identity or preferences, race, politics, religion, drugs, etc.), no advertising, no links, no trolling. Please only use the minecraft font and English in global chat.

Are you happy now Sharp? This is not a place to pick a fight with staff and cause drama

@SharpSerac "spam" is not what you highlighted in your initial response. you highlighted "minecraft font and english only"

This post only servers to nitpick and incite an argument. It doesn't matter what word Cell highlights, she could've made "or" bold, and it wouldn't have mattered. The rule stays the same

or Sign Up to reply!