1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

So when do tours start?

3. AWESOME :D

4. Edited 7 years ago by mithraculus

I have had some great contributors. You know who you are. I am very glad for their help.

Unfortunately, i have no shader pack and would be concerned about my fps if i did.

And yes, the parthenon is the inspiration for the build. I considered making it to the same size but it would just be too gigantic if i did that. Imagine the same pillar size with 8 pillars on the front/back and 17 down the sides.

So far about 5 double chests of quartz blocks have gone into the build. Currently working on the center piece on the inside. I'm thinking a giant snake, may even be a skeleton snake. We will see.

5. Edited 7 years ago by ViciousKangaroo

@mithraculus
    Unfortunately, i have no shader pack

here ya go

6. I could take some screenshots of it using shaders and post them if you would like.
    I get pretty decent fps with shaders.

7. Reminds me of God of war

8. Pictures of the skeleton snake center piece. I think it still needs a few more tweaks to make it more snakelike but it's almost there.

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

-image-

9. Hmm, eyes are too far back for sure.

10. Ok, some changes made. Looks much more snakelike now. I like the result.

-image-

-image-

-image-

11. It looks even better as a snake. I really like how the it comes out of the ground, it's one of those details that really make a build look great! Standing looking up is a really impressive view. Actually there isn't a bad view anywhere

12. Oh Great Spirit Lanayru
    Shed light where the twilight thrives
    -image-

13. you should take a picture of it at night and post it lol

14. make it slightly ruined (most greek stuff are destroyed) it may look better as ruined buildings are not commonly built and are moar intresting IMO

15. i said put vines on it lol

16. They weren't destroyed, overgrown, or rundown when they were built though. This is an incipient temple :P

17. Update: The build is complete. It is now a mob grinder/greek temple. Not only decorative but practical now too.

-image-

Night shot
    -image-

Far away shot
    -image-

Upper floor
    -image-

18. How is it a grinder? :000

19. Mobs spawn on the upper floor and are pushed down by water. They either fall to death or he kills them.
    I have my own question: Is it efficient?
    I made one with 3 floors twice the size of yours but spawn rates were bad. It was also in the sky.

20. Yes, Katche has the right of it. There are hoppers underneath the half slabs where the mobs die from fall death. It's all about esthetics.

As of right now, no it's not efficient. We still need to do a lot of work. We would need to light up the caves in the area and the surface. However, even if this had been completed i doubt the grinder would produce impressive results. The point of the grinder is to give the build a more productive role. Having a steady source of gunpowder lets say is better than none at all.

Like you Katche i have something similar to this in my second base. Each level was 5 blocks and i must have had at least 8-10 levels. It worked rather well for me, it was even underground, but i had already placed torches throughout the cave systems, which is why i thought i would do a similar design for this grinder.

21. Absolutely fantastic!

or Sign Up to reply!