1. 7 years ago

I think a lot of us older CM players would like a download to the 1.8 world. I do however, see a major flaw to this; the map file is indefinitely huge! So I was wondering if it would even be possible for it to be put up for public download and viewing. And if it is then would it even be considered?

2. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

Well actually I was thinking this myself recently.
    However you are correct that there is some technical hurdles to come over.

IIRC the legacy map was about 70GB which is more space than most players have and can run on their internet connection.
    Which rules out the large majority however even sharing it between a couple of players would take days.
    The best way I can think to do this, if it's decided we would do this, is via a torrent to share the load.
    I could put it on my 1GBPs server too to help ease the load a lot and provide 24/7 seeding.

Of course the command blocks and other sensitive things would need to removed but it would be great to see the old base and the ruins of 1.8 such as Pancakia
    I also had a little idea for a project of mapping the whole 1.8 in journeymap.

3. Wait the 1.8 servers down?

4. Yep @ViciousKangaroo

5. This would be pretty good

Id love to go visit my old lil' base again

6. What if they brought it up for like one 24 hour period each month for people to relieve the old bases?

7. Its been down for weeks now.

8. Well when i last checked my base was not even there anymore lmao

But im sure some players would be willing to see their old buildings

9. It takes a lot of effort/time to remove all the parts of the world that I wouldn't want downloaded. For the servers next birthday, I might do something like host it for a few days or something.

10. Edited 7 years ago by Th3GreenGamer

Fair enough. I didn't think of any of the secretive/ command stuff, understandable that you'd wanna keep that away from public eye.

11. All these secrets tho...

12. Well you wouldn't want a bunch of copycat servers with the exact same commands xD

13. What commands are there on this server that are not already public knowledge?

Set spawn is done by teleporting a player to a end portal and back

A TPA machine can be made using only one command block

Spawn protection works by setting all players in a specific radius to gamemode 2

Maybe serverplz, joke, vote, etc? Although I believe that commands such as these are made using a java program that is run by Crafty on his computer

Other than that what is so secret about the commands?

14. @_Haxington_ Other than that what is so secret about the commands?

lol its secret

15. @_Haxington_ The secret thing is, Crafty's TPA and SetHome etc are custom.

16. @_Haxington_ What commands are there on this server that are not already public knowledge?

A lot.

17. @_Haxington_ What commands are there on this server that are not already public knowledge?

It's not the task that is secret, it's the way we complete it, sure there is TPA and Sethome, but I don't feel like releasing the way that I do it. ServerPlz/ServerAI/Votifier is not java/on my computer. Over the last 3 years I have been working on these command blocks, not one command block uses a command found on the internet (One command block contraptions, tutorials), I pride myself in the work I did and would rather not just give it away. There's already a video online where someone has claimed my world as their own, what If they only take the command blocks and not the entire spawn? The amount of times I have been robbed of my command blocks back in 1.8 is more then I care to think about and I don't want it to happen again.

- Crafty

18. I understand your reasoning, fair enough.

19. @CraftyMyner can you host the server on spectator mode so we can fly around looking at bases?

20. @TheForgotten20 @CraftyMyner can you host the server on spectator mode so we can fly around looking at bases?

And kill players if they get near any server running rooms. (A.k.a. the command block room)

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!