Adding lore to objects

1. 7 years ago

As I was renaming my first diamond sword the other day to the Shifty's Backstabbr Mk II (I combined two backstabbrs so wanted to keep the name), the lore that persisted after the repair caught my attention. And then it got me to thinking of all the items that have ever been generated by the Admins with lore that I've stashed away, as they were unique and thus had more value to me. So that had me think, if it's of value, maybe it'd be a nice feature to use by players.

So my question is this: is it possible of having a service for players to customize items by an admin provided they give said item, a book indicating the requested lore, and some kind of payment (ex: be VIP+ and have 10 votes, 5 diamond blocks, or 15 emerald blocks, etc)? And in return the player gets the item with the lore? It doesn't change gameplay one bit so there's no concerns of imbalances if it were introduced. And the admin can set rules on when/how they'd do requests or what would be put in lore.

Not sure if there's a real demand for something like this, or if admin's want to take on an extra job, or if this is considered "not vanilla" so would like to hear thoughts on it.

2. What the fuck is lore?

3. @iDogeTwinkie What the fuck is lore?

Story, mostly backround story

4. ...really doge?
    sigh

5. @iDogeTwinkie What the fuck is lore?

Its the purple writing that goes on enchanted items as a extra description that only can be done in commands

6. @Dannysharks Its the purple writing that goes on enchanted items as a extra description that only can be done in commands

Ohh, I like that. Could give my best detailed back stories.
    Or make my books evem awesomer

7. Ehh kinda ruins my valued items with lore on them already
    I mean I'm not an admin probably never will be on here, could be fun and interesting to them but
    If I was I wouldn't want to be a walking shop like what even am i going to do with in game currencies
    as an admin lmao. Now the votes/vip+ thing isn't bad much I mean It could be a lore-written ticket from a crafty crate to get an Item lored out or something A ticket with lore on it people could also trade for game currencies would be interesting.

8. Personally, I'd love to see lore and Colored names for swords and such become a thing.

9. Yeah really good sir Vene :P I didn't know what the fuck lore is. Until now.

10. The History Of CraftyMynes And It's Items Must Be Preserved

11. Sorry didn't realize some didn't know what lore is. Grabbed this pic off a random website.

-image-

12. I would really love to have lore available, it would help to give players a way to individualize their items more

13. It would not just help us add some personality to them, we also can also use them for community made events

or Sign Up to reply!