1. 7 years ago

Will there be a map reset for 1.11? Or has it not yet been decided? Thanks.

2. I highly doubt it, they probably won't reset unless an update changes how the command blocks work or massively changes terrain generation

3. me to, i don't think they are gonna reset the map, just upload it, there are different methods to do it... one of them is been introduced in 1.10, its the structure block + a random machine!

@CraftyMyner

4. Edited 7 years ago by r4iscool1

I don't believe there are any plans to reset for 1.11, it seems unlikely that it will happen however given the changes.
    It's far far too early to tell however with any certainty so this question doesn't really have an answer.

5. @R4iscool1 I don't believe there are any plans to reset for 1.11, it seems unlikely that it will happen however given the changes.
    It's far far too early to tell however with any certainty so this question doesn't really have an answer.

ok thank you i guess we all want to know

6. I would assume not, since there is no command block changes. And besides if there is plans to reset it would be an incredibly dumb(no offense anyone) move to say "hey we are reseting the map" when it is at least a month away. It would kill the playerbase to some extent (those die-hards never gonna quit tho). So maybe when it comes out there will be a final word, but i mean ive seen plenty of unloaded chunks for new stuff to generate in.

7. It's up to the Boss anyways.

8. well depends how many unloaded chunks there are. Unloaded chunks are comparable to fossil fuel: We've got a limited supply despite it being a big supply, How much are we going to be using over time? What advancements will happen within that time?

9. there wont be a reset, no changes in command block stuff

10. I'd personally like a reset as the server is stale right now

11. im just stating what crafty usually says at big updates, i may be wrong but if it goes as it usually does, im probably right

12. Again, a reset for what, exactly? Nothing drastic is being changed, really.

13. @Blackened_Dawn Again, a reset for what, exactly? Nothing drastic is being changed, really.

told you so :P

14. @Grinning_Bobcat well depends how many unloaded chunks there are. Unloaded chunks are comparable to fossil fuel: We've got a limited supply despite it being a big supply, How much are we going to be using over time? What advancements will happen within that time?

Only something like 10-15% of chunks have been loaded.
    There's plenty of room for years to come.

15. Command block changes are not what determines if we reset, in fact, 1.11 has a bunch of command/command block changes that will affect about 20% of the 1000 command blocks that run the server. The real deciding factors are the state and size of the world, and any new chunk generation or big changes to economy/balance.

The reason we reset for 1.9 was that the old way I did command blocks was inefficient, outdated and caused our world to degrade much quicker. Our map was 100gb+ and the only way to keep it on the hardware we had was to delete old parts of the world. It was laggy and while the command blocks would have worked on 1.9, I had been wanting to redo them for some while. The new end and structures also were factors that contributed to the reset.

Unless mojang makes it so the our 1.10 world doesn't work with 1.11, I don't see any reason for an update. There's still plenty of chunks (our world is about 101gb out of 1tb for a 200k x 200k world) and we can always delete old chunks to create new ones. There might be a bit of down time while we update as I will need to change over all the command blocks that use entity selectors but thats all I can think of in the foreseeable future.

- Crafty

16. Oh well :D

17. Wish there was a reset, I like resets.

18. 101gb out of 1 tb... that's enough for a while then... the size of that is mind boggling once you think about it a bit more considering how much a single person can explore then add it up with everyone else.

@Shvex I've never gone through one, what exactly happens during one?

19. @Blackened_Dawn Again, a reset for what, exactly? Nothing drastic is being changed, really.

How were we supposed to know? We arent the server's admins here.

Thanks crafty for answering.

20. When is the update If its going to update to 1.11

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!