Allowing cheaters to play on alts?

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by iDogeTwinkie

This is something that bothered me for a while so I wanted to bring this up for some of that fancy attention. Especially Crafty's.

Let's be real. I saw lots of shit ban appeals from morons that call themselves legit players but they're actually cheating fuckers who can't play without hacks.

By telling them in a ban appeal they won't be unbanned and telling them they're more than welcome on their alts, you're basically giving them a second chance to play.

You can call that an unban. Which honestly is fucking ridiculous. How about that you either start unbanning them or just permanently ban them with an IP ban and not allowing them to be on the server at all?

Letting them into the server with an alt is same as unbanning them and giving them a second chance.

I think my admin buddies and Crafty himself should rethink about this. Opinions are more than welcome. Discuss lads. :)

2. Edited 7 years ago by CraftyMyner

@iDogeTwinkie You can call that an unban. Which honestly is fucking ridiculous. How about that you either start unbanning them or just permanently ban them with an IP ban and not allowing them to be on the server at all?

First off it is different from unbanning a player. If a player comes back on an alt they are paying out of their own pocket with a fresh account that has nothing on them on the server. We clean up hackers bases and take their valuables since they were not obtained legitimately. What we have seen first hand is that players who get an alt rather than getting their main account pardoned will more than likely come back clean. There are quite a number of players who have come back on this server clean after that.

3. The ones who are going to come back on an alt are going to whether we tell them they can or not. We have methods of tracking alts and they are put high on our watch list. $30 is a much better lesson then a slap on the wrist. IP banning is used as a last resort for repeat offenders. There is often more then one player playing from the same IP, weather they are in the same house or they live on campus, banning that IP could cause collateral damage and stop legit players from playing. Even though an IP ban is better at stopping players from playing its not even close to a real perma ban, anyone with a bit of knowledge can easily bypass an IP ban. It is true that saying you can come back on an alt is kinda defeating the purpose, but it was never my intention to publicly tell people that they are welcome to come back on an alt.

4. It's not different. Trust me on that one. It's same because they are basically ban evading and you guys are allowing that to happen.

I was an admin and server mod on a server but it was a different game. Funnily enough - these morons on the game where I was an admin and server mod they literally had temporary and for hackers. From 3 to 6 month bans.

You guys are basically letting them to ban evade. They can repeat the same thing all over again. Cleaning out their bases won't stop them to continue hacking on different accounts. You're aware that morons like that are stupid enough to waste time and hack people's MC accounts.

Even an IP ban won't stop them unless they have a static IP, you know, it doesn't change every 24 hours or when you restart the router your IP changes.

We both have different experiences in this kind of thing hence different opinions. All I'm saying is that Crafty and others should take this into consideration and discuss about it.

5. My reply was for Lapis Clutchuli.

I'm reading Crafty's reply bc yolo

6. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@iclutchHD There are quite a number of players who have come back on this server clean after that.

I believe the number of hackers coming back are far more than ones coming clean.

@iclutchHD If a player comes back on an alt they are paying out of their own pocket with a fresh account that has nothing on them on the server.

Alt accounts can be found for around 5$. If I wanted to use x-ray, that would never stop me from hacking again.

You guys said it yourselves. Hackers are more likely to avoid their mistakes while hacking when given another chance. Stuff you do does not match what you say at all.

7. I'll bite. Let me go ahead and ban @OtherGreenGamer 's ip, @Sofatroll 's ip, @OmegaSniper4eva 's ip etc etc

8. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Blackened_Dawn I'll bite. Let me go ahead and ban @OtherGreenGamer 's ip, @Sofatroll 's ip, @OmegaSniper4eva 's ip etc etc

Why don't you show us the stats so we can know how effective this "come back with alts" method is?

9. Oh, what's that? You're telling be to ip ban them even though you already stated ips change all the time?

Jee, seems like it's come full circle!

10. @CraftyMyner The ones who are going to come back on an alt are going to whether we tell them they can or not. We have methods of tracking alts and they are put high on our watch list. $30 is a much better lesson then a slap on the wrist. IP banning is used as a last resort for repeat offenders. There is often more then one player playing from the same IP, weather they are in the same house or they live on campus, banning that IP could cause collateral damage and stop legit players from playing. Even though an IP ban is better at stopping players from playing its not even close to a real perma ban, anyone with a bit of knowledge can easily bypass an IP ban. It is true that saying you can come back on an alt is kinda defeating the purpose, but it was never my intention to publicly tell people that they are welcome to come back on an alt.

You're correct when it comes to perm bans. When you think about it they basically don't exist because people always find ways to repeat the process. Indeed $30 is that good old option but idk really if they'd spend that money just to hack again or play again.

Collateral damage? Well my friend that's their problem. It's in your interest that you receive legit players. You got more than enough of them. More and more come every day. This is a #1 MC server on the list and you shouldn't worry about a few so called legit players from the same IP because that's what you ain't gonna get.

11. @Blackened_Dawn Oh, what's that? You're telling be to ip ban them even though you already stated ips change all the time?

Do you know a better way to ban them? Don't look at me, I'm not an admin.

12. @Blackened_Dawn Oh, what's that? You're telling be to ip ban them even though you already stated ips change all the time?

Blackened Dawg pls dynamic IP's change every 24 hours not static lol :P It all depends on their shitty internet provider. :)

13. @Cileklim Do you know a better way to ban them? Don't look at me, I'm not an admin.

I thought you guys were offering a solution ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. @Blackened_Dawn I thought you guys were offering a solution ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought you guys were trying to prevent hackers from ruining the fun ^^

15. @Blackened_Dawn I thought you guys were offering a solution ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Such solutions many offers very amaze much wows

Just ban the hackers with an IP ban. Don't tell them they're welcome to come back on alts because that ain't cool. :)

16. @iDogeTwinkie Such solutions many offers very amaze much wows

Just ban the hackers with an IP ban. Don't tell them they're welcome to come back on alts because that ain't cool. :)

That a suggestion or a demand?

17. @iDogeTwinkie Such solutions many offers very amaze much wows

IP bans are easy to go around. It doesn't take a genius to go around it.

18. @Cileklim I thought you guys were trying to prevent hackers from ruining the fun ^^

Ah yes, asking for a solution absolutely means that we don't do our jobs.

19. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Blackened_Dawn Ah yes, asking for a solution absolutely means that we don't do our jobs.

cile.exe not found

I don't remember saying anything like that. Do you think you don't do your job?

20. @Blackened_Dawn That a suggestion or a demand?

Lemme think about that and I'll let you know on Facebook lelelel

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!