Allowing cheaters to play on alts?

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

@iclutchHD IP bans are easy to go around. It doesn't take a genius to go around it.

Lapis, then you guys shouldn't tell them they're welcome to come back on an alt. :D

3. If you back in CraftyMynes history you will see that we have always been hard on hackers, never have we unbanned a hackers account, we had a hacker that even managed to come back on an alt, prove his worth and become staff, his main account is still banned. People will always find away around and if they are a hacker, its likely they have a few more tools in their toolbox to evade bans. Dedicating our time trying to stop the guys that keep coming back no matter what we do is useless, we are better of catching the 1000's of other hackers.

@CraftyMyner It is true that saying you can come back on an alt is kinda defeating the purpose, but it was never my intention to publicly tell people that they are welcome to come back on an alt.

I dont know were telling players they can come back on an alt stemmed from but, it wasn't my intent to put that on ban appeals.

4. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

Hey, you just got banned? You are totally free to come back with an alt and gain an advantage over casual non-hacker players! Yes, you can ruin the fun as long as you have alts and a good router. Only 4.99$ per ban!

Crafty. This conversation is not going anywhere. Do you think this makes sense?

5. @Cileklim Hey, you just got banned? You are totally free to come back with an alt and gain an advantage over casual non-hacker players! Yes, you can ruin the fun as long as you have alts and a good router. Only 4.99$ per ban!

Crafty. This conversation is not going anywhere. Do you think this makes sense?

that wouldn't change if they were ip bans

6. @Venetorem that wouldn't change if they were ip bans

I don't get it. I don't. Are you guys saying that you have no way to permanently ban a hacker?

7. anyone with a bit of knowledge can easily bypass an IP ban.

or did you just skim it?

Even null routing a vpn only does a group, you can still get past it

8. There are actually no ways to prevent a hacker from coming back. Correct?

9. @iclutchHD We clean up hackers bases and take their valuables since they were not obtained legitimately.

Hey FYI I have no items from my main account on any of my alts, so will my main base be destroyed? I only xrayes once and instantly regretted it, either way J am fine because it's a rule for te overall benefit of the server.

10. @Cileklim I don't get it. I don't. Are you guys saying that you have no way to permanently ban a hacker?

We don't have a way, no game provider has any way to ban anyone permanently other then stopping the server or going to the guys house and murdering them. I was once banned so hard in planetside2 that my entier isp was banned, all the hardware in my computer was banned, even the ram in my computer was banned from connecting to the planetside2 servers. I got a new computer and a new network plan and was able to play again, not even sony/planetside2 with a 50 million dollar budget could ban me. Now think about a small minecraft server with a budget of about $10 a day armed with only the info that minecraft provides (no hardware ids, just a name and ip), how the literal fuck do you expect me to ban someone forever.

11. Thank you.

12. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

We are not expecting you to do anything like that. But why are you guys allowing them to come back and literally welcoming them back with alts?

13. Edited 7 years ago by Rybye

@iclutchHD First off it is different from unbanning a player. If a player comes back on an alt they are paying out of their own pocket with a fresh account that has nothing on them on the server. We clean up hackers bases and take their valuables since they were not obtained legitimately. What we have seen first hand is that players who get an alt rather than getting their main account pardoned will more than likely come back clean. There are quite a number of players who have come back on this server clean after that.

@Cileklim Did you even read the convo?

14. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

@Rybye @Cileklim Did you even read the convo?

Did you even read any word?

Are there any stats about this? What percent of the players decided to come clean after getting banned?

15. This thread made me laugh no offense tho

16. Crafty y u deleted my post? Such sad many wows

17. Edited 7 years ago by ZenithW

I personally think that X-ray-ers should be considered as ip-banned, especially if they were caught raiding with x-ray. What if they x-ray with alt and raid with their main? Possibly even post the coords they find? It's just unfair to loyal players that spend so much time in their builds and vaults. However, i wonder if anyone ever thought about this seriously

18. @iDogeTwinkie Crafty y u deleted my post? Such sad many wows

The thread?

19. I'll go right back to the start then.

Scenario 1

Player A hacks and gets caught.
    Player A posts a ban appeal on forum.
    Admins tell Player A that s/he is free to come back with an alt.
    Player A buys an alt account on ebay for around $5 dollars.
    Player A keeps playing with his/her alt like a normal player for few hours.
    Player A decides to hack again.
    A is more cautious this time. S/he does his/her best to not get caught again.
    A successfully gains a huge advantage over other players.
    After some while, A gets caught while hacking again.
    A gets IP banned.
    A changes his/her IP address and buys a new alt.
    A is angry because s/he got banned twice. S/he does his/her best to spam the shit out of the server.
    As always, A gets banned again. Again, and again.

Scenario 2

Player B hacks and gets caught.
    Player B gets IP banned.
    Player B posts a ban appeal on forum.
    Player B is told that hackers are not tolerated, his/her appeal is denied (for real).
    Player B decides to hack in another server instead.

Which one sounds more reasonable?
    Staff, why the extra work?

I did my best to explain the real problem. If this gets avoided too, well, there is nothing I can do about it.

20. @ZenithW I personally think that X-ray-ers should be considered as ip-banned, especially if they were caught raiding with x-ray. What if they x-ray with alt and raid with their main? Possibly even post the coords they find? It's just unfair to loyal players that spend so much time in their builds and vaults. However, i wonder if anyone ever thought about this seriously

Much time has been spent, but as this post clearly shows, you can't stop them with an ip ban, especially the ones who have alts.

21. @CraftyMyner The thread?

Naw my last post aka comment here.
    The one that says "Deleted by CraftySwaggerMyner 48 minutes ago".

I don't wanna rewrite it because I forgot what I wrote lmao

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!