1. 7 years ago

Not an original idea, but i would like a sun up and sundown message. Presumably an easy one to implement?

2. A miners dream lol.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Cileklim

A miners dream indeed but you can use a clock or F3 to be aware of the time while underground.

4. Good idea but yes F3 and clocks especially

5. 10 levels to turn night to day? that would be cool

6. Can't see why not, only problem is how to measure for it.
    I don't think it works be too hard to rig something up with time query however.

7. a minecraft day lasts 10 minutes.
    1 repeater lasts 0.4 seconds, sunset/rise starts roughly at 8:30 minutes, a repeater timer would take 1425 repeaters set to the 4th tick.
    item-hopper timer, an item to pass from an hopper to another one takes 0.2 seconds, that means you need 23 stacks of blocks to get into the hopper, and that's impossible... better to go for the repeater one

8. Carry a clock lol there's already an item in the game implemented to solve this.

9. I feel it takes away from vanilla SMP to have the server make that kind of announcement. We have clocks and daylight sensors to do that.

10. @HaloNest a minecraft day lasts 10 minutes.
    1 repeater lasts 0.4 seconds, sunset/rise starts roughly at 8:30 minutes, a repeater timer would take 1425 repeaters set to the 4th tick.
    item-hopper timer, an item to pass from an hopper to another one takes 0.2 seconds, that means you need 23 stacks of blocks to get into the hopper, and that's impossible... better to go for the repeater one

Tick lag on the server means both approaches are rather unsuitable, we would be much better of using a day query or something similar.

11. @Valgys I feel it takes away from vanilla SMP to have the server make that kind of announcement. We have clocks and daylight sensors to do that.

But when it lags the sun cycle jolts. Wouldn't it just trigger the command block a million times?

12. @Valgys I feel it takes away from vanilla SMP to have the server make that kind of announcement. We have clocks and daylight sensors to do that.

This

13. Serverplz Time?

14. @R4iscool1 Tick lag on the server means both approaches are rather unsuitable, we would be much better of using a day query or something similar.

Yea that also is an issue, I totally forgot about the clock (item) and the daylight sensor, you can create some kind of machine, I'll try it myself

@R4iscool1
    @OmegaSniper4eva

15. @R4iscool1 Tick lag on the server means both approaches are rather unsuitable, we would be much better of using a day query or something similar.

But the server determines both redstone/block updates and the progression of the day/night cycle. Wouldn't tick lag affect them both equally so they stay in sync?
    Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

@HaloNest Unless you meant a clock in spawn, bear in mind any clock that doesn't use daylight sensors is going to go out of sync as soon as the chunks unload.

16. Got it, thanks for the advices @NutjobBob

17. @NutjobBob But the server determines both redstone/block updates and the progression of the day/night cycle. Wouldn't tick lag affect them both equally so they stay in sync?
    Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

@HaloNest Unless you meant a clock in spawn, bear in mind any clock that doesn't use daylight sensors is going to go out of sync as soon as the chunks unload.

In theory yes, however we know what Vanilla minecraft is like and I'm not sure if the time and TPs are actually connected values and if that's consistent enough.
    It doesn't really make sense you use thousands of repeaters anyway.

18. @R4iscool1 In theory yes, however we know what Vanilla minecraft is like and I'm not sure if the time and TPs are actually connected values and if that's consistent enough.
    It doesn't really make sense you use thousands of repeaters anyway.

or just make daylight sensors give off a tick each time it updates to a command block and says its day/night. this will cause less lag then building a minecart system!

19. Or just use a command to detect the in-game time whenever someone types serverplz time?

20. This might help:

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/181930/how-to-test-for-time-of-day-with-command-block-in-minecraft

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!