Helpful Hints and Hot Thoughts

1. 7 years ago

I've been busy lately. Really busy. On and offline I've found a million different things to make my life easier. Such as ingame when moving lets say I don't know sand? If you hold a single piece of sand in your hand and double/triple click more sand while holding shift it'll move all of the sand to the designated container.

Anyway... The purpose of this is to help othwr players with neat facts inside and outside (online most likely) of life you find useful.

2. That is a great tip! I searched over hours of minecraft videos just to find that tip. If you have optifine check out the feature that makes a torch light up when you hold it. I just discovered it today.

3. @FishW makes a torch light up when you hold it

This x1000, now I just hold a torch in my offhand and never place any down while mining. Huge save of time and resources crafting/placing them

4. I dont really care about running out of torches if i have a fortune 3 pickaxe

5. Plan ahead before you build, especially if you're building into the ground. I made the mistake of not taking coordinates before digging a space for a pumpkin farm, and dug right into my sheep/skeleton farm on one side, and my crop farm on the other - setbacks.

6. Yes i agree on planning. One of builders greatest mistake is miscounting. But if you are too lazy to count you can use the MC chunk grid (F3+G) to help you in locating that starting block for a new project.

7. I never plan ahead and I've never had any problems, mainly because all I have to do to finish my base is mine a 35000 more blocks.

8. If you're building something outside your range of building, or anything creative, use picture references. They help so much.

9. do not build in a creative word, that only makes you less creative

10. @Dennari43 If you're building something outside your range of building, or anything creative, use picture references. They help so much.

who cares, i randomly find a spot for my builds and mine the whole area by extending out a +/- 50 block path to it

11. @TheForgotten20 who cares, i randomly find a spot for my builds and mine the whole area by extending out a +/- 50 block path to it

I don't think you get what I mean. If you are building something like a complex castle or house or some kind of statue or anything like that(meaning not an area to mine out, that's not "building," that's mining), use reference pictures to help guide the build so you don't mess up.

or Sign Up to reply!